You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Mar 25, 2019 10:14 am

Expat
Active

Functional medicine as against name it blame it tame it.

https://brokenbrain.com/?utm_source=Bro … 4240425ff9

“Functional medicine is a disruptive technology that will overthrow the tyranny of the diagnosis.” - Dr. Jeffrey Bland

When I tell people I’m a Functional Medicine doctor, they often ask me to explain what that is.

And though this happens a lot, I never get tired of telling people that the type of medicine I practice views the body as one unique integrated system, looking at the way all the systems work together instead of isolating single organs and dividing them up into medical specialties.

Functional Medicine seeks to identify the root cause of symptoms to correct imbalances and find long-lasting healing that supports the body, mind, and spirit as a whole—and it’s completely personalized.

Functional medicine is the medicine of WHY: Why is this symptom occurring now and in this way? We then use that information to get to the root of the real problem.

This is the future of medicine, available right now. And it can reduce the global burden of chronic disease, improve patient outcomes, create healthy communities, and avert an economic crisis from escalating health care costs.

While there are still skeptics who prefer the “name it, blame it, and tame it” version of medicine, many different types of doctors are getting on board with this movement

In my new docu-series Broken Brain 2: The Body-Mind Connection, I take a deep dive into the principles of Functional Medicine combined with the latest innovations in health, especially those focused on the powerful links between the brain and body. I’m joined by pioneers in the fields of neurology, immunology, toxicity, nutrition, emotional health, and mindfulness, and more, to reveal exciting discoveries that wellness to a new level.

When we look at the way our body and mind talk to each other and understand how treatment modalities work together synergistically, it’s possible to reach an incredible level of health and healing.

I practiced conventional medicine for many years. There was nothing more frustrating and disheartening than seeing a patient continue to struggle, despite doing everything I was taught in medical school.

But we aren’t taught about nutrition in medical school, or toxicity, or so many other aspects of internal and external health factors that can be the difference between FLC syndrome—that’s when you Feel Like Crap—and vibrant sustainable health. I discovered how important it is to use a systems-based approach and multiple therapies for true healing to occur; I discovered that Functional Medicine is the ultimate approach to treating the individual and not just the patient.

In Broken Brain 2, you’re going to learn about the latest advances in medicine as well as how to implement them in your own life. Did you know the heart sends signals to the brain and can rhythmically impact our mental and emotional state? What about the fact that the brain and immune system are connected and that the nervous system has its own detox process? Or that we should be just as concerned about environmental toxicity as we are about nutrition?

There are so many sides to wellness; in Broken Brain 2, we’ll teach you how to use those innovations and the power of Functional Medicine to your maximum benefit.

Make sure you grab a pen and paper, you won't want to miss any of the details in this valuable series.

Wishing you health and happiness,
Mark Hyman, MD

PS - Please be sure to share this valuable series with friends and family, it may be the information they've been waiting for.

Board footer