You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Apr 26, 2019 9:38 am

Dancer
Active

What should I Submit For my post Today. ..... JOY.

After not being bombarded with the internet/ Media  for awhile  and glancing over the headlines now , what do I see  .... JOY is missing.
Yes people , JOY of life , Joy of being positive in the news cycle (life) , complaining , bitching  , hating , kissing up .
Politics , not for the people but for their careers .
Being exposed to BBC radio for 24 / 7 something became clear. It is not the country people/politicians  care about ( I am talking BREXIT now) , but their own selves  and small groups  concerns.  Afraid of losing their perks . After having played that game for years at a lost how to govern.
...... Well the DONALD sees it at plays the suckers , what does he call them ... losers.
I going for a walk in the rain."
Try to enjoy life people , don't worry about the Jones .

#2 Apr 26, 2019 10:22 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: What should I Submit For my post Today. ..... JOY.

People need connections.  Face to face connections.  They need to feel the love of others and that they are needed and valued.  They need to stop worrying about getting what they want and start wanting what they got.  Gratitude.  It is impossible to feel gratitude and not also feel joy.

The Beatles were right: All you need is love, love, love is all you need.

#3 Apr 27, 2019 9:59 am

Dancer
Active

Love is different from joy , it seems  to me ,  it is just a stepping stone to joy. I  think.
BUT , I must be psychic, reading the news headlines , since I returned from the ' no Internet and cable TV  land ' I recognized the lack of joy,  fed to us all .
Now today I see TIME  speaking of it somewhat. ... STRESS.

Americans are some of the most stressed people in the world, a new global survey says.
No wonder most TS contributors are burned out  and afraid of  interaction  .

Like the  psychologists say you gotta talk about it people.

#4 Apr 27, 2019 5:15 pm

houston
Active

Happiness is over rated.
Being content is just fine for many.

#5 Apr 28, 2019 9:04 am

Slice
Active

houston, ent it all the same?  If you happy, you content and if you content you are happy.

#6 Apr 28, 2019 11:22 am

Dancer
Active

After looking a little deeper about my thought  ,,  about JOY . It's a biggie.

Happiness is like rising bubbles - delightful and inevitable fleeting.
JOY is the oxygen ever present. Joy is the fibre of your soul.

Happiness ; love it when it comes.
JOY is the love that lasts  , no mater what.

Well I did not go to church today ..... North America for you. lol.
SO:
James 1:2:3:
Consider it pure JOY , my brothers and sisters . Whenever you face trials of many kinds ,BECAUSE you know that  the testing of your  faith  produces perseverance.

--- Well I think ( Ms Confusion ) Mary Seacole Deportees is Joyful.   ..... Mary !
--- New Historian(Mr Tall Tales ) is joyful too.
--- Calypso ?  Come over to my 'tent or couch' , lets trash it out  JA. ( don't be shy. )
Too sad. lol

#7 Apr 28, 2019 2:49 pm

houston
Active

Slice wrote:

houston, ent it all the same?  If you happy, you content and if you content you are happy.

I don't know Slice. Some people are not happy without the gold whereas most are content with silver or bronze.
Some people need to be elated all the time in order to be happy. I guess what I'm saying is that the average person is happy to be content.
I would be content with a steak dinner and others wouldn't be happy unless they got the steak and lobster.

#8 Apr 29, 2019 6:56 am

Slice
Active

Al I can say is SOME folks are simple amazing and to me very stupid. If you not happy with who you are, ah tink it is ah huge problem.  It do not take  much to make me happy.  I must admit I do like some finer things in life, but if ah doh have them, I am still good. I must agree doh I am happiest when I am in Greenz, among friends I grew up with.

Board footer