You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 May 09, 2019 12:42 pm

Dancer
Active

Jerk Chicken Dinner

Ok, yesterday.

Knocking around and catching up , if you will ,  shooting the breeze   ,   we  passed a JA restaurant  .

Moi ,  " I feel like going JA ,   ,,,,,  months since I had a little real jerk chicken ."

' come-on ,  come on ,  lets go JA .

Ok , ,   it was like pulling teeth , lord ! These  totally assimilated  Northerners , eating too much KFC and McDonalds

We go in .
Ahhh , the rice seasoned with the coconut milk  and  the well done brown  jerk  pieces of chicken , was fabulous . A little salad . Lo.

.... we were in there for about an hour , seeing some black faces in and out   , BUT what freaked the boy   out  was the number of  non- West Indians   having some  JA  food ,  goodness gracious.

Well to be honest , There is a Trini  Roti shop  down town  that at most hours in the day and  around lunch time  , you can't get a Roti - to many multi ethnic people , pisses me right off. lol.
Anyhow .... make your money west Indians.
About time.

#2 May 11, 2019 11:40 am

Slice
Active

Re: Jerk Chicken Dinner

The chicken is all the same, yes it might taste different, but Chicken is chicken.  I do not eat, pork, beef, chicken in any restaurant.  I only eat fish when ah go out.  Once or twice ah year ah might eat ah Macdonald Cheese burger.

#3 May 11, 2019 7:54 pm

Expat
Active

Boring old fart says...

Even once a year is too much.

Crap meat fed on GMO grain.  Crap bread made with GMO flour, high processed oils, added HFCS, "American cheese" which aint cheese at all, and then highly processed chips cook.

Oh, and chicken ain't chicken if it is produced in one of those factory farms it is fed grain, and even if it is branded as free range it just means they put a small hole in the wall. those poor bastards live beak to tail even when they are not laying eggs they have a crappy lifestyle.

#4 May 12, 2019 11:23 am

Dancer
Active

In the island.
FARMS , country mainly , city ones  , , skirting the rules , But the chickens , they start early .
2  and 3 different doses ( or if you prefer feed ) of  spiked legal food  is fed  to them.
In 6 weeks .
Chicken and chips at the roadside on weekends  -   ( entrepreneur  )       . lo

6 year old  John and Janice
fat like butter balls.

Lo. just saying.

#5 May 13, 2019 7:49 am

Slice
Active

Lord Expat, gee me ah break nah. I buy Organic chicken, I buy Grain fed Organic beef, I buy Organic pork and also turkey.  Once ah twice ah year, I think it wont hurt to buy ah three ounce size of burger.  Now my favorite food at McDonald, is their Fish sandwich, but that too just might be farmed raised, with ah bunch ah chemical; just like the Shrimp farm allyu are about to have in Grenada. I ent eating ah shrimp that dem Chinese and them will be farming in Grenada.

Board footer