You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 May 12, 2019 8:05 pm

Expat
Active

GOod Blesss America

Just expressing a moment of gratitude for the ophthalmic surgeons that came over via the SGU to do surgery on our Nations eye patients. Various groups have been coming over for a few years now, but I get the impression they are going to ramp up the visits.

Having just has one of my cataracts done by them, and even though we are still fairly early in the healing process, the results seem to be pretty spectacular.

The procedure was pretty tough as break downs in Grenada's equipment created delays which may have impacted the comfort level of what was done to me, but all's well that ends well.

#2 May 13, 2019 7:34 am

Slice
Active

Re: GOod Blesss America

Well ah never ever thought, I would hear you say something good about America.  I will take it any  how you say it.  They got their problems, but they could be ah wonderful place.

I really started defending America, while I stayed in Grenada.  I realize, that ah number of Grenadians, do not like the United states. I could not believe them.  It was kinda funny, I was going to agree with them on anything political: but, when they start critizing their Health Care system, I immediately knew it was either jealousy or ignorance. With the exception, of me aunty, if given the slightest oppurnity, they would all leave Greenz and rush to the land they hate.

Last edited by Slice (May 13, 2019 7:42 am)

#3 May 13, 2019 9:14 pm

Expat
Active

Slice wrote:

Well ah never ever thought, I would hear you say something good about America.  I will take it any  how you say it.  They got their problems, but they could be ah wonderful place.

I really started defending America, while I stayed in Grenada.  I realize, that ah number of Grenadians, do not like the United states. I could not believe them.  It was kinda funny, I was going to agree with them on anything political: but, when they start critizing their Health Care system, I immediately knew it was either jealousy or ignorance. With the exception, of me aunty, if given the slightest oppurnity, they would all leave Greenz and rush to the land they hate.

Slicey boy tou should know my style by now. jooking the mibones nest is all part of the fun, and we have to keep prodding the stereotype, which is born out of centuries of anecdotes. However I always try to be even handed, and if there is something worthy of complement I would not say nothing.

Wifey just had the same procedure today, and had an even better experience than me, we now have to wait and see if the outcome is as good as mine seems to be.

#4 May 14, 2019 12:56 pm

Slice
Active

Man it was done by the very best, so chill and doh worry.  I hope you wifee do better than you.  Now ah ent wishing you bad, but you know ah like you wife.

Board footer