You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 May 20, 2019 11:21 am

Mary Seacole/deportees
Active

Old Alumni of his uni will pay 400 graduates Students Loan guess who?

#2 May 20, 2019 11:31 am

Mary Seacole/deportees
Active

Re: Old Alumni of his uni will pay 400 graduates Students Loan guess who?

What a blessed African American billionaire. There is hope in the world
Some people want your soul if they help you, yet there are clean hearted  people   like this billionaire in the world

Last edited by Mary Seacole/deportees (May 20, 2019 11:33 am)

#3 May 20, 2019 1:46 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

What about the students in that school who worked and saved and have no loans?  What about the students who served in the military to get the GI Bill and have no loans?  Are they just suckers?

#4 May 20, 2019 3:28 pm

houston
Active

No, not suckers at all, they just didn't happen to win the lottery. An education is a luxury that seems to be only afforded by the wealthy these days.
Attached is a story on students who are bent on pursuing a medical degree. Quite sure they would have to have some good financial backing in order to obtain that degree through a round about route.

https://nationalpost.com/sponsored/news … om+-+index

#5 May 20, 2019 4:04 pm

houston
Active

Interesting...
"In some ways, it was a liberation gift for these young men that just opened up their choices"

#6 May 21, 2019 7:37 am

Slice
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

What about the students in that school who worked and saved and have no loans?  What about the students who served in the military to get the GI Bill and have no loans?  Are they just suckers?

But all situations are not the same.  I never even heard of this guy; but here is the interesting thing, he asked the students to play it forward, and already some real interesting stories are coming forward.

Rd not everyone are born with ah Gold spoon, some are born with not even ah bronze spoon.

#7 May 21, 2019 12:01 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Slice wrote:

Rd not everyone are born with ah Gold spoon, some are born with not even ah bronze spoon.

Yeah, I know.  I grew up dirt poor.  My point was that in that class there might be a young man who fought in Afghanistan in order to pay for his college.  Now everyone in his class who did nothing gets a big gift and he gets nothing?  If he wouldn't have served at all he would be right where he is now.

If I were the billionaire in question, I would pay off their student loans but I would pay the tuition of those who paid there own way too.  I would do it in the form of a check to those students.

#8 May 21, 2019 8:03 pm

Expat
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:
Slice wrote:

Yeah, I know.  I grew up dirt poor.  My point was that in that class there might be a young man who fought in Afghanistan in order to pay for his college.  Now everyone in his class who did nothing gets a big gift and he gets nothing?  If he wouldn't have served at all he would be right where he is now.

If I were the billionaire in question, I would pay off their student loans but I would pay the tuition of those who paid there own way too.  I would do it in the form of a check to those students.

My guess, he just thought of student debt, and not all the possible permutations.

Board footer