You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 May 31, 2019 8:35 pm

Dancer
Active

STINGING NETTLE .. 25 Amazing Benefits

This Rasta  cousin a self made herbal doc.  Was bending my ear under this tree ,  ""'nettle tea is good for you ""

yeah , yeah , yeah , ...
He invited me to  a Rasta health   promotion night at a community centre  . Selling Rasta products ,  like dandelion tea  and Stinging Nettle Tea.

Getting tired of Red rose  , green tea , Earl  gray.  Then  NETTLE TEA  was mentioned  . I googled it.
You should do so too. lol

Yesterday  I bought a packet of Nettle  tea bags.   .....   $5 something

Taste great.

nettle tea has a customer. lo.

#2 May 31, 2019 9:06 pm

Expat
Active

Re: STINGING NETTLE .. 25 Amazing Benefits

I have been promoting "alternative" medicine for a while now, but most folks prefer the sickly sweet taste of HFCS,

There is so much good stuff out there, but people prefer Tylenol, the most dangerous drug on the market.

#3 May 31, 2019 9:43 pm

houston
Active

Herbal, organic, pharma or claptrap...there must be a balance somewhere in between.

https://nationalpost.com/health/montrea … emove-them

#4 Jun 05, 2019 1:52 pm

Slice
Active

So me electrician PADNAH, is suppose to have Prostate cancer.  He started going down, he lost about 40lbs. Then he went to see ah Herbalist here in Greenz.  Since taking the treatment the Herbalist prescribe.  He has gained most of the weight back and he is doing great.  Doh wanna talk to soon, but he seems to be doing great.  He spent about two hours with me last night.

#5 Jun 06, 2019 4:43 pm

Expat
Active

houston wrote:

Herbal, organic, pharma or claptrap...there must be a balance somewhere in between.

https://nationalpost.com/health/montrea … emove-them

There are some silly statements in the naturalists world, or to put it another way, while some fruits or veggies will do you good, sometimes if you look into it deep enough you might have to eat 150lbs of carrots to get any benefits.

However, there is all this anti antivax propaganda out there, and I know for sure Pharma is doing it's best to whip it up, but what seems to be missed, is not that 1 vaccine is going to cause Autism, or the many other neurological, and basic immune system problems, it is the ACCUMULATION of toxins that are injected from a few hours old, to 18 years and even now they want to bring adults into it.... it is a bloody great unprotected money making machine. I say unprotected because it has been legislated that you cannot sue Pharma for injuries sustained.... Do we or do we not know that Mercury is poisonous?  yet it is used as a stabilising agent to prolong shelf life, as a heavy metal it is almost impossible to remove it from your system. The vaccine is grown in all kinds of live tissue, depending on the vaccine. From chicken eggs to monkey cells. These are all foreign DNA combinations. And as we know from the measles panic it does not guarantee immunity, and neither does it carry forward into your children when they are very young, as would be the case with naturally infected recipients. Last I hears was 600 odd infecteds.... So far not one death.... and thats out of 360 odd MILLION people..... what is that infection ratio? The disease in America, and the UK as far as I know was virtually eliminated BEFORE the vaccine was created. Back when travel wasn't so common. Now foreigners can bring it to a school near you. Can you force the world to take this partial immunisation? Remember it is not 100% guaranteed. I think 90% is the recognised efficacy.

The very simple concept is WHY in the last 50 years has all kinds of inflammatory illnesses suddenly come on the scene. Not illnesses that hadn't been diagnosed, but new conditions... My take is much of it is to do with the way food is processed. Maybe 50 years is not far enough back. In the UK back at my sunrise foods were pretty simple, and fairly unadulterated. Since that time mechanisation of farming processes has devalued livestock's worth. Add to that the abuse of Antibiotics both in humans and the animals that feed us, plus antibiotics as herbicides... Roundup. Overloading our bodies with sugars in all kinds of foods that shouldn't have sugar, mostly in the cheep to produce version known as HFCS, and it is no surprise we are a sicker society.

The chief culprits for inflammatory illnesses are part and parcel of most peoples diet.

Corn Oil,
Canola Oil,
Vegetable Oil,
Safflower Oil,
Margarine, or spread as it is now known,
Potatoes,
Wheat Pasta,
Rice,
Sugar of any type,
Flour.

Despite the fact that I eat microwave meals, I do try to find the least modified, and least additive versions. Generally speaking if the food wasn't made in your kitchen it is out to get you.

#6 Jun 06, 2019 5:04 pm

Expat
Active

Slice wrote:

So me electrician PADNAH, is suppose to have Prostate cancer.  He started going down, he lost about 40lbs. Then he went to see ah Herbalist here in Greenz.  Since taking the treatment the Herbalist prescribe.  He has gained most of the weight back and he is doing great.  Doh wanna talk to soon, but he seems to be doing great.  He spent about two hours with me last night.

Despite sitting on the naturapath side of the fence, I would definitely want to, be changing my diet big time, juicing, and taking a whole raft of complementary wotsits, I would not rely on just a couple of herbs from the local chap.

The methodology is make the body as healthy and strong as possible so that IT can fight the disease. Rather than sitting on the back seat and letting toxic medicines, and damaging treatments damage the rest of your body as it pauses the progress of the cancer.

Have notices that not in all, but in most cases people are cured or go into remission, and are listed as 5 or if they are really lucky 10 year survivors. When the take medicine or radiotherapy. But eventually somewhere else the disease crops up again, and maybe they survive that round, or as often the case they then succumb.

This is because the have a susceptibility to the disease. They do not have genes that say they WILL get cancer, but they have genes that leave them open to getting it.

All our bodies generate 10,000 cancer cells every day, along with the million good ones. Our natural defenses are designed to knock out the defective cells. If we have a good diet our bodies just deal with them, but with the food stressing, the chemical stressing from our environments, and the physical stressing from relationships, and difficult work situations we are weakened, and the cancer cells lock onto a location.... any location, and become the cancer in that location... be it lungs, skin, brain or where ever. Generally speaking the cancer takes a few years to register with the tests, and scans they can see tumors, so you didn't just get cancer, it has been there hidden away for quite some time. I think with breast cancer it is that same 5 years before the cells subdivide enough times to be big enough to be spotted.... the same five years of surviving. Maybe the excision to remove the cancer leaked cancer cells into the body... even draining cysts is risky for that reason.

#7 Jun 06, 2019 7:12 pm

houston
Active

I can strike off everything on that list but potatoes.
Sometimes have only potatoes for a meal, with a good glob of butter and sprinkle of pepper.
For years I used non-dehydrated margarine, thinking it was more healthy, until a learned that I was basically eating wax.
Now it's butter all the way. None of those plastic tubs of wax.

#8 Jun 06, 2019 9:36 pm

Expat
Active

houston wrote:

I can strike off everything on that list but potatoes.
Sometimes have only potatoes for a meal, with a good glob of butter and sprinkle of pepper.
For years I used non-dehydrated margarine, thinking it was more healthy, until a learned that I was basically eating wax.
Now it's butter all the way. None of those plastic tubs of wax.

I do hope that's salted butter, salt is another thing that has got a bad press unnecessarily. Like everything .... moderation, but we do need salt, so why not enjoy it in a good knob of butter on your peas, butter beans, that sensible size piece of steak, runner beans, corn, or what ever takes yer fancy.

In Grenada butter is hard work, as it will melt in seconds if you leave it out, and is too stiff if it's just from the fridge. I cut slices of a pack, and micro wave them in the butter container, and just wash the container regularly to stop it getting rancid.

Last edited by Expat (Jun 06, 2019 9:38 pm)

Board footer