You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Jun 06, 2019 8:40 am

Dancer
Active

Pope Francis Wants To Change Lord's Prayer. ...... """" SEACOLE""""

Lead us not into mistranslation .

The catholic leader changed the phrase >>> " Lead us not into temptation'  TO >>> " Do not let us fall into temptation"

BECAUSE : The original translation implies that God induces temptation .  THIS change is closer to the original intent of the prayer.
Says Francis.

"" I am the one who falls ; it's not him pushing me into temptation , to then see how I have fallen. SATAN is the one who leads us into temptation that's his department." .... said Pope Francis.

Hope this brings some clarity to the Atheists. lol.

#2 Jun 06, 2019 2:32 pm

Slice
Active

Re: Pope Francis Wants To Change Lord's Prayer. ...... """" SEACOLE""""

Man you need to spend more time with you man.  You too damn idle.

#3 Jun 06, 2019 4:13 pm

New Historian
Active

Well that's certainly some earth shattering news right there, something that's really going to change my life

#4 Jun 06, 2019 9:43 pm

Expat
Active

As neither entity exists, and  are man made fabrications it is immaterial.

JMHO.

#5 Jun 10, 2019 12:35 pm

Vanni
Active

... or, as nothing can exist outside of the Presence/Creator/Life/God, how about Its opposite then? All aspects of life are ultimately serving Life, whether intentionally, or unintentionally, whether through constructive action or though destructive action.

So ... if we are being "lead into temptation", is it possibly for the greater good of Life? What is this journey through darkness contributing to Life? An awareness which Life alone, without us "miserable" humans - or heroes, according to how we are looking at it - could not develop.

Everything has a role, it seems.

This said, we are responsible each moment for whether we choose to contribute in loving and constructive ways, or enter into a long loop of loveless and destructive actions and their consequences, until we're back to love and light - it may be serving Life, but we are ultimately responsible for our choices, and are bearing the consequences of them.

At a certain degree of awareness and experience of life, we turn to Love and Light consciously and intentionally.

#6 Jun 10, 2019 6:19 pm

Expat
Active

Vanni wrote:

... or, as nothing can exist outside of the Presence/Creator/Life/God, how about Its opposite then? All aspects of life are ultimately serving Life, whether intentionally, or unintentionally, whether through constructive action or though destructive action.

So ... if we are being "lead into temptation", is it possibly for the greater good of Life? What is this journey through darkness contributing to Life? An awareness which Life alone, without us "miserable" humans - or heroes, according to how we are looking at it - could not develop.

Everything has a role, it seems.

This said, we are responsible each moment for whether we choose to contribute in loving and constructive ways, or enter into a long loop of loveless and destructive actions and their consequences, until we're back to love and light - it may be serving Life, but we are ultimately responsible for our choices, and are bearing the consequences of them.

At a certain degree of awareness and experience of life, we turn to Love and Light consciously and intentionally.

Guess I have a long way to go, currently sticking fingers to the back of throat.  wink

#7 Jun 12, 2019 2:39 pm

Vanni
Active

Even our most advanced scientific understanding of the Universe is a limited one, a projection based on our physical senses which are about matter. However, as we'll develop further perceptions, we'll include them in our scientific approach and understanding.

The more we'll evolve, the more vastly we'll get to understand Life.

#8 Jun 13, 2019 6:00 pm

Expat
Active

Vanni wrote:

Even our most advanced scientific understanding of the Universe is a limited one, a projection based on our physical senses which are about matter. However, as we'll develop further perceptions, we'll include them in our scientific approach and understanding.

The more we'll evolve, the more vastly we'll get to understand Life.

Other than agreeing that the more we know the more we shall know, I shall say nothing further, as the most hated poster on this forum for daring to challenge your ethos, I shall say nothing. For fear of novichok on my door nob.

#9 Jun 13, 2019 8:02 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Standard Greek text

Πάτερ ἡμῶν ὁ ἐν τοῖς οὐρανοῖς·
ἁγιασθήτω τὸ ὄνομά σου·
ἐλθέτω ἡ βασιλεία σου·
γενηθήτω τὸ θέλημά σου,
ὡς ἐν οὐρανῷ καὶ ἐπὶ γῆς·
τὸν ἄρτον ἡμῶν τὸν ἐπιούσιον δὸς ἡμῖν σήμερον·
καὶ ἄφες ἡμῖν τὰ ὀφειλήματα ἡμῶν,
ὡς καὶ ἡμεῖς ἀφήκαμεν τοῖς ὀφειλέταις ἡμῶν·
καὶ μὴ εἰσενέγκῃς ἡμᾶς εἰς πειρασμόν,
ἀλλὰ ῥῦσαι ἡμᾶς ἀπὸ τοῦ πονηροῦ.

#10 Jun 13, 2019 9:42 pm

Expat
Active

Latin

Pater Noster qui es in caelis:
    sanctificétur Nomen Tuum;
    advéniat Regnum Tuum;
    fiat volúntas Tua,
    sicut in caelo, et in terra.
    Panem nostrum
    cotidiánum da nobis hódie;
    et dimítte nobis débita nostra,
    sicut et nos
    dimittimus debitóribus nostris;
    et ne nos indúcas in tentatiónem;
    sed líbera nos a Malo.
    Amen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU_sWXQ5bSk

One was an Alter boy once.. Back before they messed with the Mass after Vatican11.

Lurve this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36Y_ztEW1NE

And this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRL447oDId4

And this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IX1zicNRLmY

"God" has been responsible for some wonderful stuff.

Last edited by Expat (Jun 13, 2019 9:59 pm)

Board footer