You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Jun 11, 2019 10:20 pm

Expat
Active

Pop Corn is out to get you

>>Seems crazy Expat   smile, I know, but here’s the proof…

Recently a team of researchers from the University of Minnesota set out to determine if a chemical used to give microwave popcorn it’s buttery flavor…

Could be toxic to your brain.(1)

During the study researchers were SHOCKED to discover that not only does this chemical flavoring easily make its way to the blood supply in your brain...

But it can also cause the creation of beta amyloid proteins—the tell-tale marker of Alzheimer's disease.

Now you might be thinking “I don't eat a lot of popcorn so I'm ok"...

But here's the truth...

It isn't just popcorn that's causing this.

In fact, a recent 6 year study involving 2,560 participants discovered other common foods EVEN MORE devastating to your brain<<

#2 Jun 12, 2019 10:38 am

Dancer
Active

Re: Pop Corn is out to get you

LORD !
What are we to do ??

EAT all leaves.
HELP

DON.

#3 Jun 12, 2019 7:14 pm

houston
Active

Home made popcorn is a perfect snack.
A 12" pot with enough corn to cover the bottom and just enough olive oil to submerge the kernels on high heat.
Cover and shake to and fro until the last kernel has popped.
Remove the freshly popped and fluffy corn from the heat and place into the great big movie bowl.
Add a lump of butter to the warm pot to melt.
Dump butter over fresh corn, mix with a sprinkle of salt and pepper to taste.

The entire process takes about ten minutes and sure does taste better than that convenient bag of microwaved kernels.

#4 Jun 12, 2019 8:29 pm

houston
Active

FYI,
Premium corn pops like magic. Every kernel popped without a single one burned is a sign of good popping corn.
Orville Redenbecker kernels from the supermarket are okay, but best to get the locally grown stuff that is full and smooth. Stay away from dried out shriveled up kernels that burn more than pop.
And yes, shake it up with the hot butter, pepper and not too much salt.
Delightful snack it is. Much better than leaves.

#5 Jun 13, 2019 5:48 pm

Expat
Active

houston wrote:

FYI,
Premium corn pops like magic. Every kernel popped without a single one burned is a sign of good popping corn.
Orville Redenbecker kernels from the supermarket are okay, but best to get the locally grown stuff that is full and smooth. Stay away from dried out shriveled up kernels that burn more than pop.
And yes, shake it up with the hot butter, pepper and not too much salt.
Delightful snack it is. Much better than leaves.

I think the information was sent to me advise that factory made popcorn not only has GMO corn as the basic ingredient, but also chemicals in the butter taste that are there to fck you up. Not on purpose, but that could be the end result.

So you can make your home made GMO pop corn, and it only likely to destroy your intestines, and create stressors in your biome... but hey at least it won't contain the messed up taste additive.  So you are good to go.

You should be able to get the other health damaging pain killers, and acid reflux tablets and liquids that are also bad for you to repair the damage. Only it wont.

Use Apple cider Vinegar with the mothers to counter heart burn.... and gout would you believe.  And yes it does work. Wifey was in agony with what was diagnosed as gout, a batch off Turmeric and Ginger to ease the pain, and regular intake of ACV and the gout disappeared. As ACV is beneficial on many levels taking it periodically should prevent a recurrence which would be expected using standard medical treatments. AND ITS CHEAP. Much cheaper than medications on or off insurance. No brainer.

Last edited by Expat (Jun 13, 2019 5:56 pm)

#6 Jun 13, 2019 7:09 pm

houston
Active

Healthy bodies can handle popcorn in moderation. No sir, I'm not about to substitute popcorn with maple leafs and sea kelp.
Yes, I'm aware of the benefits of cider vinegar with mother. Have been adding a spoonful to my morning juice for years.
I get a bout of gout about 3 times a year, extremely painful at it's height. Comes on slowly but then could put you down for a week before it suddenly disappears. Forget about doing much walking or even putting on a sock during that bout of gout.
Will try the turmeric and ginger next time, maybe in the form of a tea. They both apparently have some good qualities.

#7 Jun 13, 2019 9:32 pm

Expat
Active

If you can get turmeric in its natural form, and also ginger root cut them coarse, boil and use as tea.

As for the ACV, when you have a bout, up the times a day you take it to maybe 3-5 times, although if you consume it regularly it is surprising it is not better managed. I know it's uric acid is the problem, I have forgotten what causes it to be excessive and chrystalising out into the joints.

Joking now.... maybe it's the popcorn?

If you really want to try some healthy sheite then spirulina is the way to go..... but it's way nasty...

Board footer