You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#21 Jun 27, 2019 4:36 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: "The best country in the world" is sad

You think you are going to change the climate and I am the crazy one?  ROTFLMAO!

#22 Jun 27, 2019 9:09 pm

houston
Active

Beautiful lakes up there.
The fishin ain't bad but the bug bites are really good.

#23 Jun 28, 2019 8:37 am

Slice
Active

Look both Expat and NH, America got its problem, but it is one the best in the entire world. Grenada is really sweet, and ah fun place, but there are tons of problem here.  Someone went to the General hospital, with ah Ripe Appendix, he was released and is ah good thing, he have some money, he went to ah privately own hospital and his life was saved.

Maybe Grenada do not have ah race problem, but it got class problem and also ah rich verses poor issue.  Lord ah wish Grenada could adopt 5% of the American system.  Let me post this before my puter shut down on me.

Last edited by Slice (Jun 28, 2019 8:38 am)

#24 Jun 28, 2019 8:45 am

Slice
Active

New Historian wrote:

Americans constantly talk about how it's the best place in the world blah blah - but they sure are a miserable bunch! The over taxed Europeans are pigs in doo-doo compared to Yankees.

Why is that? If the Land of the Free offers so many opportunities, seems like the man and woman in the street missed that bus, they're catching hell. And when you get cancer, is bankruptcy court for you.

"Obama's calculations were a little high. Multiply 1.4 million bankruptcies by the Harvard study's 62.1 percent, and you get 877,372 bankruptcies created by medical bills."

https://www.thebalance.com/medical-bank … cs-4154729

A new study from academic researchers found that 66.5 percent of all bankruptcies were tied to medical issues —either because of high costs for care or time out of work. An estimated 530,000 families turn to bankruptcy each year because of medical issues and bills, the research found.

https://i.postimg.cc/DSZWhP5p/Happiness-2019.jpg

Lord NH, have you ever counted the amount ah Crazy folks in Grenada?  Grenada is ah very depressing place.  I am sorry for the average Spice person.  I gave someone ah ride, she is from Gouyave, but works close to me. Her fare from Gouyave to my area is $12.00 ah day, and she makes $600.00 ah month.  Come on Geee me ah break here.  America is head over hills as compared with some other countries.

Last edited by Slice (Jun 28, 2019 8:46 am)

#25 Jun 28, 2019 1:27 pm

Expat
Active

Slice wrote:

Look both Expat and NH, America got its problem, but it is one the best in the entire world. Grenada is really sweet, and ah fun place, but there are tons of problem here.  Someone went to the General hospital, with ah Ripe Appendix, he was released and is ah good thing, he have some money, he went to ah privately own hospital and his life was saved.

Maybe Grenada do not have ah race problem, but it got class problem and also ah rich verses poor issue.  Lord ah wish Grenada could adopt 5% of the American system.  Let me post this before my puter shut down on me.

Dude, If I lived in the middle of the corn belt, and I couldn't find a trailer park for around 2000 miles I might think it was all ice cream soda's and Banana splits all the way too. You however from progress reports you live in a more gritty part of town, as do probably a lot of folks lioving on the streets and all kinds of inequalities.

Pls do not take from that it is a finger pointing just at Amerikee, but that is the local we are discussing. Britain, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Greece, Morocco, Nigeria, Mozambique , Aussie, New Zealand, India etc etc etc,   every where has issues of one kind or another, this does not however obviate talking about problems in "The Greatest Country in the World" now that Trump has fixed it.

Taking the ostrich approach and only being concerned about what is round the corner 100 yards each way is going back to pre industrial revolution thinking, when if you moved to a village 5 miles away you were always for eternity considered an outsider.

Just having the conversation even without actively making changes at least opens up the possibility that another person who might be able to make a difference may become enthused. Or you could say... Nuttn I can do about it, and we all swirl around in the toilet bowl.

Board footer