You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Jul 13, 2019 8:51 am

dapper
Active

driving a bus

someone from the uk is looking to semi retire from the uk and wants to drive a bus, what's the procedure of obtaining a license for doing so?.....Thanks

#2 Jul 13, 2019 9:38 am

Expat
Active

Re: driving a bus

I am no expert, simply an expat, but first and foremost obtain a license for driving a bus.... Just maybe if they have a UK psv license it may be grandfathered in, but don't count on it, and I would guess it is as much of a pain as getting a regular license. Then I believe there are quotas for buses, so there may be control by the bus owners association, as well as the Ministry that supplies the route sticker for the windscreen.

This is just my feeling on the subject, don't take it as Gospel.

Just getting a motorcycle added to my car license was a pain in the butt, and I had a full license since the 60's, but I believe the ex police that was the problem was crooked.

#3 Jul 13, 2019 3:41 pm

dapper
Active

Re: driving a bus

Thanks Expat??
I know bout the red tape and the waiting procedures in greenz( I've been to clear a barrel) ?.. I believe the person has a class 1 licence and a big bike licence, but knowing the rigmarole of obtaining something in green, all those categories don't mean nothing?

Board footer