You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Jul 16, 2019 1:43 pm

Calypso
Active

Shango is Still Bloody Well Alive in Gree!

https://www.bigdrumnation.com/2015/11/0 … n-grenada/

We never left Africa because slavery didn't destroy us!

#2 Jul 16, 2019 9:53 pm

Expat
Active

Re: Shango is Still Bloody Well Alive in Gree!

Calypso wrote:

Really?

I suppose you could compare this to doing the "Stations of the Cross", but can you really expect me to say anything positive about about these people drumming themselves into a stupor, obviously one was about to feel the power, or have a trance created fit. Which ever way you wish to say it.

The religion obviously works as they all look so intelligent and successful. I guess slaughtering a goat, stomping around the carcass, and chopping off chickens heads is going to be beneficial. OK it will no doubt end up as food...

While I can understand resentment of being extracted fro Mother Africa by force, is this what everyone is missing?

Ducking for cover as the hand grenades come my way.

#3 Jul 17, 2019 12:39 am

Calypso
Active

Expat wrote:
Calypso wrote:

Really?

I suppose you could compare this to doing the "Stations of the Cross", but can you really expect me to say anything positive about about these people drumming themselves into a stupor, obviously one was about to feel the power, or have a trance created fit. Which ever way you wish to say it.

The religion obviously works as they all look so intelligent and successful. I guess slaughtering a goat, stomping around the carcass, and chopping off chickens heads is going to be beneficial. OK it will no doubt end up as food...

While I can understand resentment of being extracted fro Mother Africa by force, is this what everyone is missing?

Ducking for cover as the hand grenades come my way.

How   blasted European you are in sentiments! Such an ignorant asshole!

#4 Jul 17, 2019 9:48 am

Dancer
Active

Expat lives on meat and potatoes. 

I don't even know I should say this on the same page as  mentioning Expat.  lmao.

A Tim Hortons  a Starbucks
Now , I don't think so
Taking Calypso to one of those SHANGO evenings
One can imagine !!
What a night !!!
Transported , right out of this world.
BigDrumnation   , When is the next SHANGO night.

. lol.

Last edited by Dancer (Jul 17, 2019 10:30 am)

#5 Jul 17, 2019 12:11 pm

Calypso
Active

Dancer wrote:

Expat lives on meat and potatoes. 

I don't even know I should say this on the same page as  mentioning Expat.  lmao.

A Tim Hortons  a Starbucks
Now , I don't think so
Taking Calypso to one of those SHANGO evenings
One can imagine !!
What a night !!!
Transported , right out of this world.
BigDrumnation   , When is the next SHANGO night.

. lol.

Yes, a pure African bloodline. What is the matter with that? When other nations isolate us it keeps us racially pure. If being separated but given the same economic opportunity, we would have been better off.

#6 Jul 17, 2019 8:38 pm

Expat
Active

Absolutely nothing wrong with having a pure African blood line, there are millions of pure african people living in Africa, or to a lesser extent outside Africa.

What I referenced was the stupefied by music and shuffling condition of the people in the film.

While we know "magic" continues and sooth sayer practices where birds are poisoned as part of  truth rituals in Africa even today.... I have seen film footage myself.... The vast majority have long forsaken such feeble practices.

There is no criticism of Africa or Africa per say, more the example of what that in your eyes means.

Also there is still some connection with magic in European cultures above and beyond the Mass ritual, or the slightly weird snake people some where in America.... it takes all sorts... maybe... Although hardly visible, witchcraft is still practised, and could also be derided.

It was however the rag tag bunch you were enamoured with  shuffling round a goat corpse that was in my mind not the height of elevation of Africanism.

Board footer