You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Aug 15, 2019 8:31 am

Dancer
Active

' Tobago Cays ' Marine Park. ..... West Indies.

The Tobago Cays are an archipelago located in the Southern Grenadines of St Vincent and the Grenadines .  Comprising of 5 small islands and extensive coral reefs.

The Cays:    ....  are
. Petit Rameau
.. Petit Bateau
Petit  Tabac
Jamesby
Baradal

__________    good to know. lol.

#2 Aug 15, 2019 10:02 am

New Historian
Active

Re: ' Tobago Cays ' Marine Park. ..... West Indies.

A Tobago Cays Timetable:   

Dawn:    Absolute tranquility. Masts swaying in the swell.  Clear and quiet, except for the distant drone of waves breaking on Horseshoe Reef.

Ten o’clock:     Arrival of the Big Cats, laden with pale day trippers: fun-loving, sun-seeking, snorkeling, boozing, barbecuing.  Noise level increases.

Lunch:     Boats leaving, boats arriving, all searching for that perfect anchorage.  Speedboats whizzing from yacht to yacht, selling all kinds of everything.

Four o’clock:     Departure of the Big Cats.  All quiet again.  Last stragglers leave, perhaps to spend a night at Saltwhistle Bay or scoot down to Union before dusk.

Sunset:     Quiet time.  Relax.  Search for the green flash.

Dusk:     Absolute stillness, clang-clang of halyard against mast. A cup of wine, cold Carib and contemplation. These are the times we love sailing.

Evening:      Cooking smells on the wind, dinghy traffic between boats as old friends team up and new ones made. The sounds of cooking and companionship as night descends on the Cays.

Bed by ten:     For the deepest, dreamiest of sleeps.

#3 Aug 15, 2019 10:43 am

Dancer
Active

'  That's the travel promotion for Gree and region  , New Historian.

Let's try to get paid .

Me  ....... 70%
you ....... 30%
...... I brought it up. lo

#4 Aug 15, 2019 11:10 am

New Historian
Active

I'll give you a finders' fee - 20 percent lol!!

Board footer