You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Aug 16, 2019 10:42 am

New Historian
Active

Sea Legs

I love time at sea; there’s nothing quite like it - and there’s never a dull moment. The rhythm of the waves, the smell of the salt air and the hypnotic power of that ozone overload. Of course I’m talking about when weather and sea conditions are benign, but even in crappy weather is it can still be fun. Afterwards. Compared to the average landlubber I’ve spent a fair amount of time at sea, including five trans-Atlantic trips in passenger and cargo ships, voyages around the Caribbean in unseaworthy rustbuckets, plus dozens of sailing trips on owned, chartered and delivered yachts. And apart from one or two horrors, I’ve enjoyed each and every minute of them all.

Mind you, it wasn’t always like that, my earliest vivid memory is of being scared shitless on a boat off the coast of Trinidad aged five, clinging to my father in what I was certain was a raging hurricane. Later on, our father took us on an inter-island schooner from Trinidad to our home Grenada, I remember looking at the narrow gap on the horizon that separated Trinidad from Venezuela, the Dragon’s Mouth, and asking how this big boat would fit through that teeny-weeny space? ‘Just wait son, you’ll see.’ And I did.

Yes, I'm suffering from withdrawal symptoms!!!

Jamaica-Producer.jpg

IMG-1355.jpg

IMG-1662.jpg

IMG-2449.jpg

Last edited by New Historian (Aug 16, 2019 10:43 am)

#2 Aug 16, 2019 11:22 am

Dancer
Active

Re: Sea Legs

I love going to the sea too. Swim a little , laze on the sand or under a tree , sit on shore watching  some rustbuckets bounce around in the swells.
Five trans-Atlantic trips.     Lord !!!
Adventure might be good , but that's a lot of sea. New Historian.
You must walk like a top,   spinning. lol.

Board footer