You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#11 Aug 25, 2019 6:12 pm

New Historian
Active

Re: UNCHAINED by Phyillis Coard

Calypso wrote:
New Historian wrote:

Now you're just talking bollocks, Bishop wasn't killed by "Grenadians", he was killed by a small clique of Grenadians, with a certain Jamaican woman in their midst, some would say the driving force. Is this some Jamaican-Grenadian thing of yours?

Was it the Coards or the American CIA who was the brains behind the whole incident??

Lord ha mercy me cyaan bodda go inna dis right now, yu haffi do yuh owna research. Truss mi, is a lang road, an' not straight eeda!

#12 Aug 25, 2019 6:36 pm

Calypso
Active

New Historian wrote:
Calypso wrote:
New Historian wrote:

Now you're just talking bollocks, Bishop wasn't killed by "Grenadians", he was killed by a small clique of Grenadians, with a certain Jamaican woman in their midst, some would say the driving force. Is this some Jamaican-Grenadian thing of yours?

Was it the Coards or the American CIA who was the brains behind the whole incident??

Lord ha mercy me cyaan bodda go inna dis right now, yu haffi do yuh owna research. Truss mi, is a lang road, an' not straight eeda!

Did or did not Mrs. Coard contributed a plus to the lives of Grenadian women despite her so-called hard- core Marxist views?

That is my question. Yes she did.

#13 Aug 25, 2019 6:44 pm

New Historian
Active

Yeah great, she founded a couple of cooperatives, you were here, you know all the good she did, great. So that wipes aweay all the other shit she did then does it?

#14 Aug 25, 2019 7:05 pm

Dancer
Active

As a Caribbean man  , way outside , I  wonder , who is going to write ,  publish ,  a book  about the  temperament , nature , character of the leading players in the Revo.
..... Most of the discussions 'around here' TS , seem to center  on incidents of the Revo. Little about the men and women  , the actors in the drama.
Lets get behind the headlines......   .... as a reader I have always wondered why Bishop  did not have elections as he said he would  and who or what changed his mind. ( to me an important part of the Revo )
...... that's what I'll like to read , how did thinking break down.
anybody ?   .... lo

#15 Aug 25, 2019 7:49 pm

Calypso
Active

Dancer wrote:

As a Caribbean man  , way outside , I  wonder , who is going to write ,  publish ,  a book  about the  temperament , nature , character of the leading players in the Revo.
..... Most of the discussions 'around here' TS , seem to center  on incidents of the Revo. Little about the men and women  , the actors in the drama.
Lets get behind the headlines......   .... as a reader I have always wondered why Bishop  did not have elections as he said he would  and who or what changed his mind. ( to me an important part of the Revo )
...... that's what I'll like to read , how did thinking break down.
anybody ?   .... lo

He didn't have elections because he wanted to hold on to the power. He felt that his leadership was strong and it was. When Coard intervened, he made him more vulnerable  to US invasion.

#16 Aug 25, 2019 9:56 pm

houston
Active

Interesting Calypso. An honest perspective that is probably very true.

Board footer