You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#21 Aug 31, 2019 9:27 am

Calypso
Active

Re: Why West Indians migrate to England (1954)

Expat wrote:
Dancer wrote:

Expat said  >>  and because initially most migrants were single male , they were taking their women ..... kind a might put anyone's nose out of joint <<

Why blame New Historian's  'old man'

Low blow.  Tough !
Took New Historian ....  back  to 'wog'   .... I always wondered . What the hell is a 'wog'
Hey New Historian .... " Well all I can say   , better you than me.
Lord ! Seems New Historian recovered somewhat.
Have a Mount Gay or something.

You might say it is rhyming slang derived from nig nog... derived from ni......

But I think it peculiarly comes from is derived from the middle East, or rather the naming of them,,, Western Oriental Gentleman, or WOG for short. Ultimately any person with dark skin.

No one take white women from their men. White women are very liberated. They've also been attracted to black men because they were kept away from them. That is what created that desire in them. Black women and white women have different minds because our experiences have been different. White men are the worst!! Very insecure and repellent! I have known white women to leave there community and family to move to Jamaica with black men. They end up having a wonderful life! They didn't give a damaned what was said about them.

Offline

#22 Aug 31, 2019 9:41 am

Expat
Active

Re: Why West Indians migrate to England (1954)

New Historian wrote:

From the other side of the fence, pretty much agree 100% - look at that! The "indigenous" (love it btw!) were indeed alarmed at the sudden influx of darkies - worse yet because their fair English maidens seemed not to mind the influx at all! The whole "immigrant experience" virtually defined my entire formative years - but it doesn't define me. I went through a lot of shit, remember crying in the mirror, getting into fights with these BIG snotty-nosed English brats (usually losing - but not all!), "chocolate-face", "wog", "nig-nog" - it's amazing I don't hate ALL white people lol!! But of course not, first of all you get over it, then you leave it there: in the past. And, it has to be said, England got a lot better at dealing with "the coloured question". By the end of the sixties, the skinheads (the original skinheads) had paved the way for acceptance of England's West Indian imports - who weren't ALL Jamaicans! All of a sudden, we were cool, and only we understood the lyrics of the many reggae songs that became Number One! Do YOU know what "Long shot kick the bucket" is all about lol!

And then came the seventies and the whole hippy thing, and race was such a bummer, man. Negative waves.

It's slid back since those Halcyon days, sadly, nowadays "immigrants" mean a lot more than just West Indians. But race relations in England, despite Brexit, is still a LOT better than America!!

A girl down the street where I lived as a kid growing up got into black folks, and disappeared, I have no idea as I was quite young then, I just kind of remember a negativity towards her. Obviously I would have no real awareness of actual racism until I got older and did my own mixing  smile  I was aware of the odd snide remark, and I would have parroted some of them as people do when in a clique, but none of the schools seemed to have issues with Black kids... admittedly the junior school only had one, but he seemed to be accepted, and there were quite a few more as I migrated through Secondary School, but I never saw or heard anything that would make me think they were an issue, and then later we had Indian kids bused in from Southall, probably ex Kenya.

I had nothing to do with the black kids in secondary school, so my references are slight, but that was because they were in different years and also I was part of the music quartet which managed to avoid too much interaction with anyone, and tended to live and get into trouble in the music room... smile

My Trini partners kids didn't seem to have any issues when the went to their school in Chelsea? Maybe NH's dad just chose a bad location to live, or NH just "asked for it" with attitude.... tongue

As I've said before, when I made it obvious at work I had a black partner I got flack which my black friends at work did not get.

Offline

#23 Aug 31, 2019 2:47 pm

New Historian
Active

Re: Why West Indians migrate to England (1954)

http://blackyouthproject.com/what-black … n-the-u-k/

"From many white British perspectives, being Black in America seems far worse than being Black in the U.K. But though racism here might be different, this does not mean that being Black in the U.K is an enjoyable experience."

About sums it up

Offline

#24 Aug 31, 2019 2:53 pm

Calypso
Active

Re: Why West Indians migrate to England (1954)

New Historian wrote:

http://blackyouthproject.com/what-black … n-the-u-k/

"From many white British perspectives, being Black in America seems far worse than being Black in the U.K. But though racism here might be different, this does not mean that being Black in the U.K is an enjoyable experience."

About sums it up

Research has shown that blacks in America have a better lifestyle than in England. I know many Jamaicans who migrated to England as youths but came to America for a better life. Southern and Northern racism are different" one is cover and the other is overt.
white Americans have lived beside blacks during slavery. During slavery and colonization, only a limited number of blacks lived in England and other European nations. The whites went to the colonies and had more interaction with blacks there.

Last edited by Calypso (Aug 31, 2019 3:01 pm)

Offline

#25 Sep 01, 2019 9:19 am

Slice
Active

Re: Why West Indians migrate to England (1954)

New Historian wrote:

Now she bring dick into the argument, I tell you de ooman have dick-on-the-brain syndrome!!!  Yeah yeah, another Caribbean-Africa commission, trade delegation, think-tank or best of all: inter-ministerial committee! I've seen 'em, been to 'em, spoken at 'em - countless times! and what do they all achieve? one big fat zero. actually that's not true: a lot of people go on a lot of flights, stay in a lot of hotels, collect a lot of air miles and do a lot of shopping - on the "conference gravy train".

Ask Slice about Nigerians in Grenada, he'll tell ya!

Making nice with Africa will not help Grenada.  The only country in the world we should make nice with is the USA. Man and woman America is three hours away. America can help Grenada in every way possible. I am part African, part Asian and part European.  I chose the European  part of me, because of the benefits.  Allyu could keep on fooling allyu self with this African thing, not me nah, ah want benefits I can feel right now.

Offline

#26 Sep 01, 2019 10:08 am

Calypso
Active

Re: Why West Indians migrate to England (1954)

>>>>>>>I chose the European  part of me, because of the benefits. 


That's why I love Claude. He accepted blackness with no confusion in a time when blacks didn't want to acknowledge their Africaness.  I have seen pictures of you. I cannot see your European just a sleazebag who loves to degrade women. You keep it up! Nobody loves
you!!



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72gRlVojuWY



Hold them Marcus Garvey!!

Last edited by Calypso (Sep 01, 2019 10:10 am)

Offline

#27 Sep 01, 2019 10:13 am

Dancer
Active

Re: Why West Indians migrate to England (1954)

Slice has not evolved greatly In his absence .  But there movement * I am part African * ...... Lordy !!!!!!!!!!
But true to form - - - " I choose the European part of me."
................
Trump is going to soon kick you out of the U.S.   No matter how much kissing up you do .  RD will not be able to help you .
This is  so  sad.  lmao.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB