You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Jul 29, 2019 5:45 am

Calypso
Active

#2 Sep 11, 2019 2:01 pm

Dancer
Active

Re: EXPAT, PLEASE READ THIS ARTICLE

I have been trying to eat a more ' Earth based diet , roots , fruit and leaves .  Lo.
One thing about the North . The better fish, 'salmon' ain't  cheap , but is available.
So Sea and dirt , for a better life.
Up Here !  Lots of summer gardeners :
This year , tiny , tiny , small tomatoes abound. Jesus !
You can tale up a bunch like grapes and put in your mouth .
Sickening , a mouth full of tomatoes.
can you take it ...

Last edited by Dancer (Sep 11, 2019 2:07 pm)

#3 Sep 11, 2019 5:34 pm

Expat
Active

Re: EXPAT, PLEASE READ THIS ARTICLE

One presumes that I am supposed to suddenly change my negativity towards the Diabetes creating diet partaken of in Grenada etc.

Sorry no can do.

Many athletes eat colossal amounts of food, high protein, high starches etc.  Those are athletes, they have a goal, they are feeding a machine. They will convert the sugars created into energy. They will still have rippling stomach muscles as flat as an ironing board.

AND they will be healthy.

The average West Indian and any other species really.... barely brakes a sweat, often the hardest thing they do is roll out of bed.

The heavy starchy foods ..... usually the biggest portion on the overloaded plate, often without regular veggies, accompanied by stewed this or that in a gravy created by burning SUGAR.... its still SUGAR after its been burnt.... Is a recipe for diabetes.

Combine that with using the worst oils, spreads, bread, rice, pasta, GMO flour, KFC which is like eating arsenic laced snacks, and this relatively young populace ain't going to live as long as their forefathers. Who were at least spared KFC and fast foods.

Slice knows I am not chubby, well, the other day I checked my weight, and I was down to 150lbs at 6ft tall.  This was my weight when I was 20. Also today I just checked my blood pressure.... 109/72 by 65 pulse. I had just finished some manual labour. When I was doing sedentary work 12 years ago I was around 200lb.

I know its easy to be smug about doing all the right things, but we all know you can do everything perfectly, and still drop dead tomorrow.

Board footer