You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Sep 18, 2019 11:40 am

Dancer
Active

What Does 'SHAG ' Mean.

As I am always wanting to improve my vocabulary . > SHAG<   turned up today.

SHAG is a much older slang term for ' having sex'  than you think . As a verb SHAG means to have sex.

eg : I shagged her last night.
...  : What does the woman say ?.

Austin Powers ; Should we shag now ? Or shag later ?  lol.

Come the late 1960s , a sexually attractive person was described as a Shag . This was often said of women but sometimes men.
eg... " he was a good shag . but he's not that bright."

Put me in the group who learned the word  SHAG , thanks to Austin Powers : The spy Who Shagged Me. 1999 comedy film.

Name :::: Austin DANGER Powers
Sex         ::::   Yes Please.

#2 Sep 18, 2019 3:38 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: What Does 'SHAG ' Mean.

shag-rugs--5c7462c809f38.jpg

#3 Sep 18, 2019 10:09 pm

New Historian
Active

There was a country song "Shagging on the Boulevard" which always had me chuckling. Very much a girly word: He's a shit shag.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZYOJQ79DOw

#4 Sep 18, 2019 10:30 pm

Expat
Active

Dancer wrote:

As I am always wanting to improve my vocabulary . > SHAG<   turned up today.

SHAG is a much older slang term for ' having sex'  than you think . As a verb SHAG means to have sex.

eg : I shagged her last night.
...  : What does the woman say ?.

Austin Powers ; Should we shag now ? Or shag later ?  lol.

Come the late 1960s , a sexually attractive person was described as a Shag . This was often said of women but sometimes men.
eg... " he was a good shag . but he's not that bright."

Put me in the group who learned the word  SHAG , thanks to Austin Powers : The spy Who Shagged Me. 1999 comedy film.

Name :::: Austin DANGER Powers
Sex         ::::   Yes Please.

I think you are off a notch. To call someone a good shag is the same as saying they were a good fck. This is not the same as calling a person a shag.

I think you have come to the party a bit late.

The etymology

Its origins are obscure. It’s first recorded by Francis Grose in his Classical Dictionary of the Vulgar Tongue of 1785. It’s thought by some to derive from an older sense of the verb that meant to shake about. We don’t know where that came from, either, though it’s probably connected to shake. This meaning fits the later one very well and it’s similar to the way that frig evolved.

Of course there are numerous references to shag as in RD shag pile carpet going way back in history.

Last edited by Expat (Sep 18, 2019 10:31 pm)

Board footer