You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Sep 14, 2019 10:52 am

Dancer
Active

JUMP Start Your MORNING.

So we are all looking for the magic bullet . You might just be in luck today.
" compliments of UTube."

DRINK  1st Thing in the Morning.
1 cup of warm water
1 tablespoon honey.
1/2 lemon
dash of cinnamon

ANOTHER ONE.                        ((((  get a good habit  )))))

1 cup warm water
1 table spoon apple cider vinegar
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon Honey

................................Doc Dancer, says " have a good day.'

Last edited by Dancer (Sep 14, 2019 10:54 am)

#2 Sep 14, 2019 7:29 pm

Expat
Active

Re: JUMP Start Your MORNING.

Looking good.

To make the most of that mix try to get Manuka Honey which comes from New Zealand and is loaded with nutrients above and beyond regular honey. Failing that try to get RAW honey, which means it hasn't been pasturised.... this again still has goodness to it.   Regular honeys are more like processed sugar with little actual benefit.

Additionally the Apple Cider Vinegar needs to be with the "Mothers", cloudy at the bottom, and again full of goodness,  The regular apple cider vinegar is just like the honey, processed, and just about as effective as regular vinegar.... good for putting on your chips, cleaning your bathroom, but not much else.

Last edited by Expat (Sep 14, 2019 7:29 pm)

#3 Sep 14, 2019 7:43 pm

houston
Active

Any type of vinegar is great for treating sun burn and itchy bug bites. Stings at first but works better than anything off the shelf.

#4 Sep 17, 2019 9:30 pm

Vanni
Active

Awyes! Loving lime juice & zest with fresh grated ginger, cardamom, cinnamon, nutmeg, a pinch of turmeric, honey. Cold for me, as above 40° C anything alive - and meant to stay so - is starting to get affected = the enzymes in particular can't handle the heat.

Add to that a bit of taichi, qigong or/and a surya namaskar

https://theyogainstitute.org/surya-nama … alutation/

or whatever our back, knees and other parts of our bodies, which we did not know about when we were young can handle smile

#5 Sep 18, 2019 9:56 am

Dancer
Active

Vanni your elixir contains lots of different ingredients . Can you drink it. lol.

Is it Yummy.

Have to check with Expat . He is the current unregistered Doc on good nutrition .
lol

#6 Sep 18, 2019 10:45 pm

Expat
Active

Completely out of a random search yesterday I found Nutmeg extract is used to get "highs". Apparently the compound that causes it is in very small doses in raw nutmeg, so not worth the chew. Also done the wrong way you can get a baaaad trip, again apparently, as I have never tried anything like that deliberately other than a little MJ, and yes, I did inhale.

I did get a really feaky few minutes when around 20 when I was taking prescribed sleeping pills, and prescribed tablets that I believe would have been speed. Amphetamines.... Hell I didn't know, it's what the doctor gave me, as I had difficulty sleeping, and then difficulty waking up....

Board footer