You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Sep 22, 2019 11:35 am

Dancer
Active

SHAME on the JA .......100 years to Miss Lou's birth.

On Sunday morning from 9am  to 11am on  CBC radio. 

*The Sunday Edition *.... host ... Michael Enright .

This morning  was a segment on Louise Bennett ...... better known as Miss Lou
Born Jamaica Sept 7 1919  -  Died  - 26 July 2006 Toronto.

What was it about ?   ::::   Born in Toronto to Jamaican parents. Ms Nadia L Hohn is a teacher, children;s book author and budding playwright.
HER new book  ** A LIKKLE MISS LOU ** was published this September, to mark the 100th anniversary of Miss Lou's birth.

* A little miss Lou/ CBC Book.ca. *   Aug 15. 2019 . This picture book  biography tells the story of Miss lou's early days. When she was ...

Enright also played one of her songs/tunes . > Long Time  Gal < ( the singing I could pass ) lo
Our Calypso wants to have  a likkle  fame like Louise.

#2 Sep 23, 2019 5:27 am

Calypso
Active

Re: SHAME on the JA .......100 years to Miss Lou's birth.

Dancer wrote:

On Sunday morning from 9am  to 11am on  CBC radio. 

*The Sunday Edition *.... host ... Michael Enright .

This morning  was a segment on Louise Bennett ...... better known as Miss Lou
Born Jamaica Sept 7 1919  -  Died  - 26 July 2006 Toronto.

What was it about ?   ::::   Born in Toronto to Jamaican parents. Ms Nadia L Hohn is a teacher, children;s book author and budding playwright.
HER new book  ** A LIKKLE MISS LOU ** was published this September, to mark the 100th anniversary of Miss Lou's birth.

* A little miss Lou/ CBC Book.ca. *   Aug 15. 2019 . This picture book  biography tells the story of Miss lou's early days. When she was ...

Enright also played one of her songs/tunes . > Long Time  Gal < ( the singing I could pass ) lo
Our Calypso wants to have  a likkle  fame like Louise.

I have been carrying Miss Lou in my heart for years now. When I write and use patois I think of how she broke me in to use it. Here is one of my favorites.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgTnt2olWzs

Last edited by Calypso (Sep 23, 2019 5:29 am)

Board footer