You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#11 Sep 19, 2019 9:05 am

Dancer
Active

Re: RETIREMENT, GOOD, BAD OR GREAT MY SAY

Slice wrote:

Lord have mercy on me poor soul,  Me with concrete work, ah friad that like cat fraid Holy water. I did me yard and paid for getting it done.

Went up  ( are you allowed )   by the  Mount lately.  Say Hi to the Lady and Miss Aim  for me.

#12 Sep 21, 2019 10:48 am

Calypso
Active

Slice wrote:

It has been almost ah year, how do I feel now? For the first three months of my retirement, I wondered what the hell did I do? On ah number of occasion, knowing that my job will be opened for awhile, I was tempted to go back to work.

Then one day ah say, ah have to do in Grenada, leh me take me ass in Grenada, and finish me house, and that is when ah started to no regrets.  I then realize I have real buddies in Grenada, I realize that while in Grenada, I can eat fruits every day, I can go on the beach everyday, I can sleep with my windows and doors unlocked, while in Greenz I am ah new person, I now have friends.

The wicked thing about retirement, I am now very domestic, everyday I have to cook, everyday my wife leaves ah list for me to do.  I do what the hell ah feel like doing and doh worry about ah ting. Since my retirement, my Blood Pressure has never gone over 140 over 90.

This is the very weird thing, I am making ah little bit more monies now.

Then yesterday I went to pick my wife and son up from the Stinky Ravens game. I was their Uber (Guber) I ran into my old boss and he started shouting my name,  and he keep saying lord ah missed  you, when you go come and visit me? and this other lady we missed you so much in our production Meeting, please come back, when you coming back. I ent never ever coming back to work, I love me retirement I can any damn thing ah wanna do.  It is sweet to watch folks hurry getting to work.

Retirement is sweet as ah Grenadian SA.

I will change jobs until I die. I have to keep on feeling useful. When I retire I'd like to live in Spain, using it as a base to travel all
over Europe. I will work with African immigrants teaching them how to speak English etc. I have to feel useful.

#13 Sep 23, 2019 8:24 pm

houston
Active

My dad had a business card that he liked to hand out. It read:

Sam
Retired

When ever I get the urge to work,
I lay down until it goes away.

#14 Sep 23, 2019 8:51 pm

houston
Active

He also enjoyed those senior discounts. Big savings on coffee at the Tim Hortons drive through on his bicycle.
They did eventually put up a notice that said no bicycles allowed.
When ever I enter a drive through for a tea these days I think of Sam, my dad.
He had this half beer can wired onto the handle bars that was the perfect coffee cup holder.

#15 Sep 24, 2019 3:02 pm

Expat
Active

Ignorance is bliss,  once you are passing through the drive in lane, and not standing at a counter what difference does it make whether it is a bike, motorcycle or car?

Board footer