You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Oct 13, 2019 12:45 pm

New Historian
Active

Trinity is my Name: Jamaica's baddest cop

Just as Jamaica’s top criminal (Jim Brown) was named after a Hollywood character, so too was its top cop. Assistant Police Commissioner Keith Gardner took his nickname from the “Trinity” western movies of the sixties starring Terrance Hill. A survivor of dozens of firefights and five gunshot wounds, Trinity was a feared police enforcer who asked for no mercy – and gave none. He was the personal bodyguard of Prime Minister Edward Seaga and his office walls were covered with photographs of a beaming Trinity with the Queen, Nelson Mandela and other dignitaries.

The Gardners lived on Mona Road, their single story townhouse had been built upon so many times it was a fortress ringed by razor wire. But the threat wasn’t from without; but within.

But there were problems in paradise evidently, and in 1990 a domestic quarrel erupted between Trinity and his wife, in their kitchen. It quickly turned deadly; both reached for their guns; only one survived. Like his cowboy movie hero, Trinity was faster on the draw than his wife and he shot her at point-blank range. Trinity was subsequently tried for murder and was acquitted for “lack of evidence”. Now retired from the Force, Keith Gardner makes a living as a defence attorney, clashing with his ex-employer through the Courts.

#2 Oct 13, 2019 3:22 pm

Calypso
Active

Re: Trinity is my Name: Jamaica's baddest cop

New Historian wrote:

Just as Jamaica’s top criminal (Jim Brown) was named after a Hollywood character, so too was its top cop. Assistant Police Commissioner Keith Gardner took his nickname from the “Trinity” western movies of the sixties starring Terrance Hill. A survivor of dozens of firefights and five gunshot wounds, Trinity was a feared police enforcer who asked for no mercy – and gave none. He was the personal bodyguard of Prime Minister Edward Seaga and his office walls were covered with photographs of a beaming Trinity with the Queen, Nelson Mandela and other dignitaries.

The Gardners lived on Mona Road, their single story townhouse had been built upon so many times it was a fortress ringed by razor wire. But the threat wasn’t from without; but within.

But there were problems in paradise evidently, and in 1990 a domestic quarrel erupted between Trinity and his wife, in their kitchen. It quickly turned deadly; both reached for their guns; only one survived. Like his cowboy movie hero, Trinity was faster on the draw than his wife and he shot her at point-blank range. Trinity was subsequently tried for murder and was acquitted for “lack of evidence”. Now retired from the Force, Keith Gardner makes a living as a defence attorney, clashing with his ex-employer through the Courts.

I remember the dirty rass! Vicious and brutal while I was growing up. Feared by many.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqlFCX3vMJ4

Bad cops in Jamaican history

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFqHS9DoIIw

Last edited by Calypso (Oct 14, 2019 8:30 am)

Board footer