You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Oct 18, 2019 8:12 am

Dancer
Active

JACK REACHER ..... FREE, FEARLESS AND FEMINIST...... SMH.

Things just go in circles. Bad Boy Reacher is a darling of some literary women . It seems. lol.
This month the 24th Lee Child's new novel comes on stream. " Blue Moon"   ....  (for those who don't know Jack Reacher is the 'star boy' of Lee Child's novels.
Apparently literary women (some) like reading Reacher . Academics need to understand ' life is not all Shakespearean . lol.

.....  a little Reacher   for you   >> He drove hard off his left foot , and kicked out with his right, stretching low , a huge vicious wingspan , aiming at anything, any part of the guy , any part of the swoop , any window of time , what ever came along ..  <<

Simple words strung together with a mastery of rhythm , nothing fancy . Think of the simplicity of a Shakespearean  sonnet . The final sentence coils and stretches out , heavy and long , ready to deliver a killer kick.
Lee Child is a stickler for grammar , so is Reacher.

This free, fearless and feminist  story was on yahoo.

#2 Oct 19, 2019 10:54 am

Dancer
Active

Re: JACK REACHER ..... FREE, FEARLESS AND FEMINIST...... SMH.

Oh, its a long , long , while from May to December
But the days grow short when you reach September
And the autumn weather turn the leaves to flame
And I haven't got time for the waiting game.                                                 ......... sept song.

I looked at TS this morning  and that song came into my head.  ....... sad. lol.
( adrenaline ) is low, low ...  reflect on some  ...

Some   Jack Reacher Quotes

... No. I am a man with a rule . People leave me alone . I leave them alone.
If they don't . I don't.
..." Slippery Slope" ; I carry a spare shirt , pretty soon i'm carrying spare pants . Then I'll need a suitcase.
Next I know ,  i've got a house and car  .... and a savings plan and i'm filling out  all sort of forms.
...... I've never believed in luck . never had any cause to . Never relied on it , because I never could.
... I have to warn you . I promised my  mother a long time ago . She said   I  have to give folks a chance to walk away.
"" Two buttons came adrift on her shirt , meaning she was showing more cleavage than was normal for an officer of the law.
I don't know if she had children , or planned to , but they would never starve ""

hope there was a jump  start. lo.

Board footer