You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Oct 22, 2019 8:46 pm

Expat
Active

Type 2 diabetes

>>According to the WHO (World Health Organisation), the prevalence of type 2 diabetes is on a skyrocketing pace and only looks like it’s going to get worse.

How bad is it?

The number of people with diabetes has risen from 108 million in 1980 to 422 million in 2014.
    Adults with diabetes have a two- to three-fold increased risk of heart attacks and strokes.
    In 2016, an estimated 1.6 million deaths were directly caused by diabetes. Another 2.2 million deaths were attributable to high blood glucose in 2012… and
    The global prevalence of diabetes* among adults over 18 years of age has risen from 4.7% in 1980 to 8.5% in 2016.<<

My input...

The Western diet HAS to be a big factor, the introduction of High Fructose Corn Syrup into almost everything you eat or drink has to be a leading factor.

The general treatment in wonka land is nuts, otherwise people would be cured instead of living on drugs. Especially dangerous drugs like metformin.

You can be off medication in a couple of weeks, and cured in a month to six weeks.... it's simple. Just change your diet.

Am I spouting BS.... some might say yes, yet I KNOW people who were prediabetic and diabetic who have now got "normal" scores.

Generally speaking most people who become type 2 diabetics have insulin insensitivity due to bombarding their system with too much glucose in one form or another. The Cells which need insulin to regulate simply refuse to listen to the insulin knocking on the door.

Stop inputting high sugar diets or diets that convert easily to glucose in the body and the cell sensitivity return. NO NEED FOR DRUGS.

#2 Oct 23, 2019 8:18 am

Slice
Active

Re: Type 2 diabetes

Well me brother-in-law simple change his diet and now he is no longer ah diabetic.  You have ah point there.  Now cousin wife in Greenz has been ah diabetic for as long, as she can remember, and because of her diet, she still has it but doing well.  I am not going to argue with you on this one, I think you do have ah point. What ah doh get is how many folks in Grenada comes down with that disease.  Every time ah in Greenz, me blood pressure goes way down and ah lose ah few pounds.  One of the reasons ah love Grenada is I always eat clean. Fish five days ah week, pork and beef once ah week. No chicken or turkey. Both turkey and chicken are imported.

#3 Oct 23, 2019 6:53 pm

Expat
Active

Re: Type 2 diabetes

Just about all the information I pass on is pucka, the body is very intelligent, it has all kinds of sensors, and mechanisms to keep it alive without toxic medicines most of which give you all the problems that it is supposed to save you from.  Just read the labels.

Anti depressants.... can lead to suicidal thoughts, Blood pressure tablets can lead to stroke amongst other things, NSAIDS for pain often prescribed for joint pain destroy the cartilage, and inhibit joint renewal.... plus they are toxic as hell for your liver etc. So you have less pain for up to 5 years while you fall to pieces. While if you make an infusion from Turmeric known as saffron in Grenada, and some ginger it is a pleasant non toxic beneficial drink that has been tested to reduce pain more effectively that Tylenol that is possibly the number one cause of death in America.

Both chicken and turkey imported.... where from my friend.... oh the place you just came from..... you killing me.... smile

I have covered this before but the prime cause of diabetes in Grenada is the appalling starchy loading of the basic food. Combine that with from observation seems to be greediness. As has been stated by several Grenadians I know, if you opened up an eat as much as you like restaurant such as we have in the UK, usually Chinese food, you would be bankrupt in a week.

Combine that with very little vegetable intake of the greens/carrots/peas/broccoli/squash/ variety, with large intakes of heavy starchy food, rice, pasta etc, plus browning meat with burnt sugar and many other reasons you have a perfect storm of poor diet.

Hence diabetes.

A close relative passed recently with diabetes, and kidney problems having a stroke I think it was.... what ever, this round lady while on dialysis would eat anything that past by her nose, saying that little bit won't kill me..... but it did.

Last edited by Expat (Oct 23, 2019 7:03 pm)

Board footer