You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Oct 25, 2019 10:00 am

Beautiful Bradly Bolton
Active

Happy Thanksgiving Day Grenada - How I fell in Love with you

Happy Thanksgiving Day. This Thanksgiving Day I am able to say that it's only been a year since I saw you last.

When I saw you last I had cameras in hand. A friend of mine was speaking at St. George's University and I had to capture that for him. Of course I knew that I was going to do more than that. I didn't even have a proper computer for doing video at the time but I shot the events and put them in the can until I had one.

I could have never learned as much as I have learned about Grenada without Talkshop.

Expat, Slice, thank you. You guys were of great encouragement when I decided at the last minute to get down there last year. You two are immortalized in the world class premier that follows. It's quite lengthy so this may make for a good Thanksgiving Day Weekend entertainment piece.

Don't worry, it's not all stuffy. You will find plenty of moments for laughter such as...

Me, explaining my innermost thoughts on my first night in combat, from the exact position where those thoughts took place.

Me, experiencing Jack Iron for the first time.

Me, partying with former PRA Soldiers.

Me, experiencing the Wilberforce Cemetery Surprise.

Me, explaining how I fell in Love with Grenada.

All that me, me, me stuff is about you, you, you.

Happy Thanksgiving Day.  Last night marks my 20 year Anniversary of becoming part of this community. This is a very special place. The video at the link represents my best attempt yet to express my gratitude to the people of Grenada but it also lets my friends and family know more about me, who I am and how I got so... flavorful.

Happy Thanksgiving Day!

https://youtu.be/nzwteynI5wk

#2 Oct 25, 2019 4:36 pm

New Historian
Active

Re: Happy Thanksgiving Day Grenada - How I fell in Love with you

Incredible shots (no pun) and footage of the events of those two terrible days. Didn't watch the anniversary footage (will try later) but I was on a plane out of Grenada with some of the US vets (as in veterans, not animal doctors lol) who'd participated and I personally thanked them for their sacrifices and contributions - as did everyone else on the plane it was touching. As I thank you too.

Pity they made the map of "Grenada" look more like Tobago lol!!! smile

Grenada-or-Tobago.jpg

#3 Oct 25, 2019 9:48 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

That map came from a perspective 3D map in the New York times on day 2 and it keeps getting reproduced that way.  I hate it!

#4 Oct 25, 2019 10:09 pm

houston
Active

Very good Brad, I enjoyed watching the documentary within the documentary. Clearly a lot of effort to do something like that. The wine selection in Grenada is really good, cheap too. Have to be careful with that powerful rum though.
I'm assuming your partner felt like a passenger on a bus from this Harry Potter clip at times.

https://youtu.be/OszF__i_Fo0

#5 Oct 26, 2019 10:41 am

Real Distwalker
Active

New Historian wrote:

I personally thanked them for their sacrifices and contributions - as did everyone else on the plane it was touching. As I thank you too.

You are a good man.

All of us Grenada vets are old now.  In fact, we are beginning to die off. There will come a day not too far in the future when no one alive will remember any of it and will be reduced to a Wikipedia entry about some long forgotten and obscure historical event.

#6 Oct 27, 2019 7:22 am

Slice
Active

BB, listen sometime this year, me and ah friend of yours, will be in Grenada, maybe you can plan another trip around the time, we will be there.  Grenada is sweet like ah Grenadian Sugar Apple.  I am just very frustrated with its politices. With all the tiefing that is happening in goverment ah just hoping, that it will stop, and pay attention to Grenadians needs.

Board footer