You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Oct 29, 2019 9:15 am

Slice
Active

I HONESTLY THINK AMERICA IS TRULY AH WELFARE STATE.

But when ah hear folks from the Caribbean condem America, especially Grenada ah does have to rush to her defence, and here is one of the reasons. Someone in my wife family is sick, mind you she is 90 years ole. Everyday, someone comes from the state to take care of her for five hours, weekly she gets Sanitary supplies, she gets meals for free, if she needs to visit doctors ah ride comes and get here for free, blood pressure and scale for free, nurses and therapies free at home services.

There are much more, but ah stopping right dey.  To me that is much, now ah understand why I pay so much damn taxes.

#2 Oct 29, 2019 10:00 am

New Historian
Active

Re: I HONESTLY THINK AMERICA IS TRULY AH WELFARE STATE.

Well you can stop bitching about your taxes, now you see where they are going - to your wife's family lol.

#3 Oct 29, 2019 5:32 pm

Expat
Active

Slice wrote:

But when ah hear folks from the Caribbean condem America, especially Grenada ah does have to rush to her defence, and here is one of the reasons. Someone in my wife family is sick, mind you she is 90 years ole. Everyday, someone comes from the state to take care of her for five hours, weekly she gets Sanitary supplies, she gets meals for free, if she needs to visit doctors ah ride comes and get here for free, blood pressure and scale for free, nurses and therapies free at home services.

There are much more, but ah stopping right dey.  To me that is much, now ah understand why I pay so much damn taxes.

Well, if you kept yer ass in the cold you might appreciate those benefits one day yourself. Kinda how the system works... you put in, someone else benefits, but one day it might be your turn, and the next generation will be paying for you.

Come to Grenada and get jack sheite. Or stay where you might get a little back. Your choice.

#4 Oct 31, 2019 6:50 am

Slice
Active

Ah doing both. I seriously think if ah din have ah family, I was moving to Greenz permanently.

#5 Oct 31, 2019 7:37 pm

Expat
Active

Slice wrote:

Ah doing both. I seriously think if ah din have ah family, I was moving to Greenz permanently.

If they can afford the passage let them come visit from time to time. Why freeze your arz off?

Board footer