You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Nov 06, 2019 9:05 am

gripe
Active

Antigua Demands Reparations from Harvard Law School

Antigua has demanded reparations from Harvard Law School because of the contributions that Antiguan slaves made to the establishment of the school.

https://amp-miamiherald-com.cdn.ampproj … 23459.html

#2 Nov 06, 2019 9:53 am

New Historian
Active

Re: Antigua Demands Reparations from Harvard Law School

Now that's interesting! A direct connection between Antigua slave plantations and the founding of Harvard. We need more of this, to establish clear links between the past and the present, including that bastard David cameron, who's great-great grandpappy got paid out the modern day equivalent of millions of pounds, when the UK government abolished slavery and therefore deprived him of his "property". And Cameron has the bloody nerve to stand in the Jamaica parliament and tell us we must "get over" slavery/ F*CK you! Jamaica like the rest of the Caribbean is STILL reeling under the after-effects of slavery: male marginalization, lack of role models, fractured societies, and on and on.

Mek dem pay.

#3 Nov 06, 2019 1:33 pm

gripe
Active

The David Cameron reference is news to me, but you certainly showed how slanted some folks can be especially if they know that their audience does not have the full picture of the person lecturing them.

#4 Nov 06, 2019 3:54 pm

WH Man
Active

#5 Nov 06, 2019 4:12 pm

New Historian
Active

WH Man wrote:

Gimmie a while, I'm going to rebut point by point. One overarching comment: This is NOT an "American" thing - this is global. I know Americans have a hard time grasping this point, but they actually make up a small minority of the world's population - while consuming the vast majority of its resources!

Ah some come.

#6 Nov 06, 2019 4:31 pm

WH Man
Active

New Historian wrote:
WH Man wrote:

Gimmie a while, I'm going to rebut point by point. One overarching comment: This is NOT an "American" thing - this is global. I know Americans have a hard time grasping this point, but they actually make up a small minority of the world's population - while consuming the vast majority of its resources!

Ah some come.

Ok, no problem. Your posts are always very interesting.    By the way, while we do make up only 5 % of he world's population, we do produce 25 % of the world's GDP...…..So, we don't take away from, but contribute to, the welfare of mankind. We mostly consume what we produce. And, black Americans ( African Americans, West Indian blacks, African descendants) all contribute to that productive effort.

#7 Nov 06, 2019 4:41 pm

WH Man
Active

New Historian wrote:
WH Man wrote:

Ah some come.

To make it simple and interesting, just address the following: specifically, please tell me, who pays what to whom, how much, and why.

#8 Nov 06, 2019 8:16 pm

New Historian
Active

WH Man wrote:
New Historian wrote:
WH Man wrote:

Ah some come.

Ok, no problem. Your posts are always very interesting.    By the way, while we do make up only 5 % of he world's population, we do produce 25 % of the world's GDP...…..So, we don't take away from, but contribute to, the welfare of mankind. We mostly consume what we produce. And, black Americans ( African Americans, West Indian blacks, African descendants) all contribute to that productive effort.

Well that's your way of looking at it, I would humbly disagree. The USA has been a force for good in a lot of ways but let's not get carried away with the hoopla now: America is also the Great Destabilizer, why y'all had to invade the Arab world and inflame the whole world? What makes you think you can just change foreign leaders whom YOU don't like, at a whim? Even if that friend, like Gadaffi, keeps his country in order and was your best buddy up until a few years before? Why do you support the WORST dictators and provide them with arms (like Saudi)? Oh silly me, oil. Way before the current racist-in-chief 90% of USA's foreign policy and military actions have been aimed at one thing: benefitting the USA.

And as for Black Americans, take them outside of the USA's borders and they're lost like babies lol: Where's the Micky-Dees?? smile

#9 Nov 06, 2019 9:36 pm

houston
Active

Americans don't mess around. They are the world...5% and all.

#10 Nov 07, 2019 4:13 pm

New Historian
Active

"With less than 5 percent of world population, the U.S. uses one-third of the world’s paper, a quarter of the world’s oil, 23 percent of the coal, 27 percent of the aluminum, and 19 percent of the copper"

Board footer