You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Nov 14, 2019 11:09 am

New Historian
Active

No wonder we can't grow, look how much electricity costs!

A couple years ago I did a comparison of the electricity bills from members of my far-flung family. It's bloody ridiculous! With wind and solar prices tumbling, why are we still paying these high prices??

Retail-tariffs.jpg

#2 Nov 14, 2019 12:52 pm

Dancer
Active

Re: No wonder we can't grow, look how much electricity costs!

Since  I am a baby a have never seen one  in its full Glory.  (( Sugar Cane Windmills ))   We the youngsters might still be lucky  , and get some cheaper electricity.

farmshow.com

*****  Old  Style Windmill Produces New -Style Electric Power.****
Old style windmills with four legs  and a wheel full of blades will soon be back in style , says C.D. Smith  of Triad/Merrick Co.
THe Company recently introduced the ' Triad Windgen , a 10KW turbine with an old fashioned design.
Smith says it will keep producing electricity  when a 2 or 3 blade turbine shut down. As a bonus it is quieter too.
....  There is a reason those old windmill designs lasted  as  long  as they did. They are dependable and efficient with a lot of torque.
They begin to produce power at a wind speed of 7 mph and is rated at its full 10KW production  with wind speeds at 25 mph.
Hope .

See .... farmshow.com    ----  Old Style Windmill produces New Style Electric Power.

#3 Nov 14, 2019 1:50 pm

New Historian
Active

Re: No wonder we can't grow, look how much electricity costs!

Oh those ones, thought you meant the West Indian sugar mills for a while there! At Betty's Hope Plantation they have a restored working windmill, and when they get that thing cranked up, boy does it spin! They say it's a real handfull to slow down if the wind picks up: whoa boy!!

Board footer