You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Nov 21, 2019 4:27 pm

New Historian
Active

Never mind fast cars - furious bikes!!!

1. Suzuki 90 trail bike: a tiny thing while at my last summer of fun at U of Michigan Ann Arbor

2. Triumph 650 Trophy: a quantum leap in power, long on character but short on reliability

3. Triumph 750 Trident: 3-cylinder bomb, a beauty when it went, a pig when it didn't

4. Honda Interceptor 750: everything worked on it, even indicators and electric start, luxury!!

5. Honda Interceptor 800: so good I got another one! Great fun riding around Jamaica with my brothers

6. BMW K750: brand new and boring, took it to Zimbabwe, years later my son wrote it off (the other son)

7. Yamaha FJR 1300: Superbike extraordinaire in South Africa, 160 mph and steady as a rock

8. Kawasaki 650 KLR: single-cylinder thumper, trail bike

9. Kawasaki ZRX 1100: affectionately christened by my wife as "The Growler", lovely exhaust note and torque for days. Stolen by bastard Bajans, not recovered.

10. Honda VFR 800: cruelly christened by Herself as "The Sewing Machine", civilized sound but handles like a dream. Stolen at the same time by the same Bajan bastards, recovered but stripped down. Back on the road but for sale: she ain't the same no more.

11. Next ????? Feeling an urge for a new model Triumph Bonneville 900.

#2 Nov 21, 2019 6:05 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: Never mind fast cars - furious bikes!!!

No electric bikes?  I really want one...

https://www.energicamotorusa.com/electr … rgica-ego/

#3 Nov 21, 2019 7:26 pm

New Historian
Active

Electric bike? A travesty. For one thing the thing weighs a ton, and for the second - it's electric lol! Who wants a bike that doesn't go vroom!? I'm an unapologetic unrepentant petrolhead, let the millenials save the world that we f*cked up for them! PS: not that I believe any of that for a second.

Look at this beauty:

bonneville-se-rosso-tamarit1.jpg

Last edited by New Historian (Nov 21, 2019 7:27 pm)

#4 Nov 22, 2019 9:27 am

Dancer
Active

Nice bike.

I have been looking to get  a reed valve for my   Kymco   motor scooter , which had been lying around  in the shed  for the past 2 years  or so .
Folks keep asking on the island , where is your scooter  ?
Give yourself a Xmas present , fix your scooter. Sun , sand and sea baby.
  Running around  and Parking is a breeze in the city . lo.
I am ordering the valve today. Amazon  here i come..

Time to be scootering again.

Last edited by Dancer (Nov 22, 2019 9:29 am)

#5 Nov 22, 2019 9:45 am

New Historian
Active

Golden rule: never get a bike you can't pick up if it lays down! The Bonny passes - just lol. Planning a major European jaunt with the bro next summer, then ship whatever bike I get back to Greenz. Right now it looks like a Bonny, nothing stirs my testicles like that does!

This was my classic Triumph Trophy 650cc, one carb short of the famed Bonneville.

Trophy.jpg

Board footer