You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Nov 08, 2019 2:48 pm

Mary Seacole/deportees
Active

Murders n Jamaica: World Which Caribnean Island Have the Most Murders?

Whenever I hear news about murders in these 2 islands Grenada and St. Lucia I am shocked .
follow the links:
https://youtu.be/QyZ9AAyoOtQ

#2 Nov 08, 2019 2:51 pm

New Historian
Active

Re: Murders n Jamaica: World Which Caribnean Island Have the Most Murders?

Just today in barbados a 16-year old boy stabbed to death in the playground. For the 1st 3 months of this year murders in Bim were through the roof, calmed down a bit now. A bit.
Murder-rates-2018.jpg

#3 Nov 09, 2019 9:07 am

Dancer
Active

Well !!!!
What do you know ?  If it isn't  MS/D  resurrected.
How long is anyone's guess . Do they give out weekend passes ?
Behave Dancer. lol.

#4 Nov 09, 2019 1:34 pm

Slice
Active

How did Grenada get in allyu ting? St Lucia murder rate has always been kinda in the middle.  Not compared with Trinidad and Jamaica. The last numbers I see for Grenada is nine.  We would like to get back to 4 or five, or even none.  Still with this low murder rate Spice folks are still bawling out.  Leh me doh talk for Grenada, doh wanna make Expat come down on me.

What is very interesting to me is how the Caribbean news find me.  As soon as ah go to Google, I can see all that is happening in the Caribbean, with emphasis on Grenada.

#5 Nov 26, 2019 2:35 pm

Mary Seacole/deportees
Active

Slice wrote:

How did Grenada get in allyu ting? St Lucia murder rate has always been kinda in the middle.  Not compared with Trinidad and Jamaica. The last numbers I see for Grenada is nine.  We would like to get back to 4 or five, or even none.  Still with this low murder rate Spice folks are still bawling out.  Leh me doh talk for Grenada, doh wanna make Expat come down on me.

What is very interesting to me is how the Caribbean news find me.  As soon as ah go to Google, I can see all that is happening in the Caribbean, with emphasis on Grenada.

Slice!! perhaps you were not in Grenada in 79 and 83 up to now noone ask us little children at the time how we felt now and then in this case
You do not have my vote
Mean guy??

#6 Nov 26, 2019 3:32 pm

Expat
Active

Slice wrote:

Yeah doh le me have to give you a plannasss, I thought you were a JCB, but you have now been demoted to a wannabeeee, cos you are only signing up for being a part timer.

Eh eh, you know you were fault finding my poor little Rav4, well I replaced some bushes, which have only lasted around 4 months before going again... so as some of the noises were coming from the Rack, and it would be a heavy lift for an old fogey to deal with I gave it over to a local guy who has a good reputation.

Anyhoos, while he is stripping down to fix the rack, he discovers my bushes are buggered, so off he goes to find new ones.... Not on your life, the only option is a whole lower control arm minus steering swivel for $1600, or x2 $3200 from Steeles. So off to America, for a PAIR of control arms, complete with swivels for $139.00 USD.free shipping the Miami, and what ever GPO charges to fly them over, plus Import duties.

I know they are after market, but come on Steeles are taking the pee.

#7 Nov 26, 2019 3:42 pm

New Historian
Active

Expat wrote:
Slice wrote:

Yeah doh le me have to give you a plannasss, I thought you were a JCB, but you have now been demoted to a wannabeeee, cos you are only signing up for being a part timer.

Eh eh, you know you were fault finding my poor little Rav4, well I replaced some bushes, which have only lasted around 4 months before going again... so as some of the noises were coming from the Rack, and it would be a heavy lift for an old fogey to deal with I gave it over to a local guy who has a good reputation.

Anyhoos, while he is stripping down to fix the rack, he discovers my bushes are buggered, so off he goes to find new ones.... Not on your life, the only option is a whole lower control arm minus steering swivel for $1600, or x2 $3200 from Steeles. So off to America, for a PAIR of control arms, complete with swivels for $139.00 USD.free shipping the Miami, and what ever GPO charges to fly them over, plus Import duties.

I know they are after market, but come on Steeles are taking the pee.

It pisses me off the markup those local monopolists want to charge!

But you surprise me to hear you driving a Rav4, dem ting is like Slice: a wannabe! In this case a wannabe SUV. Only worse than a Rav 4 is a Honda CRV, gutless!

Last edited by New Historian (Nov 26, 2019 3:42 pm)

Board footer