You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#11 Nov 30, 2019 12:09 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: They should put a health warning on this poison!

Look, a diet of McDonalds is not good for you but an occasional sandwich from there isn't going to hurt you.  This anti-MCD campaigning is over the top and it is actually counter productive.  Everybody knows that a rare fast food meal isn't going to hurt you so they discount what you say when you pretend it is poison. 

I have made the same argument with climate change.  Yeah, it's a problem.  Yeah, humans are contributing to it.  Yeah, we should do what we can to mitigate it.  Still, when some Swedish nut case says human extinction is ten years away everybody knows she is full of shit and it calls her whole cause into question.

#12 Nov 30, 2019 12:22 am

New Historian
Active

You know RD I'm getting worried about myself: More and more these days I find myself agreeing with you lol! The trouble with your first paragraph is people don't eat that junk in moderation: poor people eat a disproportionate amount of fast food, with sometimes zero vegetables and other healthy foods, and the health statistics shout out the only possible conclusion: an endless diet of that shit will kill you.

Now as for Greta, don't get ,me started, it's not so much her I object to, she's just a 16 year old problem child who's enjoying her new-found fame. It's all the bandwagon-jumpers and celebs who sicken me with their hypocrisy.

#13 Nov 30, 2019 12:39 am

Real Distwalker
Active

I wouldn't recommend MCDs more than once a month.  A steady diet of the stuff is no good for anyone.  I do get a cup of coffee there when I am traveling.  It is consistently okay.

Greta is ridiculous and she makes concern about climate change look ridiculous.  She is doing no good whatsoever.  She is preaching to the choir and not even the whole choir... just the most radical members.

#14 Nov 30, 2019 12:53 am

New Historian
Active

just the most radical members

And the most ill-informed: the meme generation.

#15 Nov 30, 2019 9:31 am

Slice
Active

New Historian wrote:

But boy do we sure do love that KFC!!

https://www.caribbeansignal.com/2019/11 … caribbean/

Ah good friend of mine in Grenada, only meals was KFC. He had ah heart attack. They took care of him in Trinidad, but came back and went straight back to eating KFC.  He is now dead.  Everything in moderation.

#16 Nov 30, 2019 9:35 am

Slice
Active

Expat wrote:

You know I had to join in on this one.

It's amazing you don't get toxic shock from any part of KFC.

I think it's recognised that the oil laden tasty coating is bad, but it's not as NH stated because it's greasy, it's because the oil will not be a healthy option. Regardless of the HFCS that is almost certainly going to be part of the flavouring. Vegetable oil, Corn oil, Safflour oil, Canola oil, are all highly processed and heated to high levels in production, and despite the poor research back in the 50's and 60's are more likely to give you heart attacks and stroke than animal fats which your body can process better.

Generally speaking all these yummy foods ARE yummy as they have added sugars, which is part of the entrapment plan.  So yes the pop is bad for you in many ways, but the food is just as bad.

The over simplification is if you didn't grow it and cook it yourself, it is probably out to get you.

But wait Expat, Corn oil is suppose to be cholesterol free and good for you.  It is much better than Olive oil.  So ah doh think it is the grease.

#17 Nov 30, 2019 1:57 pm

Expat
Active

Mc D was selling Veggies and sensible wraps in the UK a couple of years ago when I was there.

#18 Nov 30, 2019 2:00 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

They do in the US too.

#19 Nov 30, 2019 2:36 pm

Expat
Active

Slice wrote:
Expat wrote:

You know I had to join in on this one.

It's amazing you don't get toxic shock from any part of KFC.

I think it's recognised that the oil laden tasty coating is bad, but it's not as NH stated because it's greasy, it's because the oil will not be a healthy option. Regardless of the HFCS that is almost certainly going to be part of the flavouring. Vegetable oil, Corn oil, Safflour oil, Canola oil, are all highly processed and heated to high levels in production, and despite the poor research back in the 50's and 60's are more likely to give you heart attacks and stroke than animal fats which your body can process better.

Generally speaking all these yummy foods ARE yummy as they have added sugars, which is part of the entrapment plan.  So yes the pop is bad for you in many ways, but the food is just as bad.

The over simplification is if you didn't grow it and cook it yourself, it is probably out to get you.

But wait Expat, Corn oil is suppose to be cholesterol free and good for you.  It is much better than Olive oil.  So ah doh think it is the grease.

Dude you have swallowed the Corn industry hype, combined with a very poor piece of research that started this bullshite off around 70 years ago. Currently you are talking out of your arse.... not to put too fine a point on it.

Corn oil is highly processed and heated, it is diabolical for your body. Try to understand one simple thing YOUR BODY NEEDS CHOLESTEROL TO FUNCTION, it is an intrinsic part of your cells make up. Without it you die. Your Brain actually makes its own cholesterol.

Although there IS bad cholesterol, it is a much smaller part of the LDL label, there are large particle LDL which is not harmful, and there is small particle LDL which can get into places you don't want it to, and causes inflammation in the arteries, and the rest of the body.

Then if you use CORN oil, Vegetable oil, Canola oil, Safflower oil, your blood becomes sticky and clumpy, and if there is something like inflammation which can also be caused by these highly process oils then you get blockages which cause strokes and heart attacks when blood clots get dislodged. So rather than helping you it is doing the reverse.

Corn oil, Safflower oil, Vegetable oil, Canola oil, all vaulted to be the best thing since sliced bread are actually killing you softly.

Animal fats, butter, Coconut oil, Walnut oil, Olive oil are all GOOD for you. just like everything else just do not consume to excess.

Do some research typing in the words healthy, or Alternative along with the enquiry, and you will start to see a hell of a lot of sensible , explained logic, and references to trials giving results that might make you understand.

WE had been conned by a load of bollocks simply due to a set of misunderstood, and not properly researched information back in the 50's I think it was. Due to the major investment and expansion of the related industries you are not going to get informed information from the Corn and Corn oil producing industries are you. Any more than you got helpful information from the Tobacco industry, or the fossil fuel industries.

They will kill you and the planet without a second thought to the consequences.

Just as Doctors who nowadays have access to great diagnostic tools cling to modern medicine.... which is really alternative, it isthe new boy on the block. E.G Chiropractic is roughly 3000 years old, and has finally been accepted by modern medicine... even if they don't understand it...

There are great long lists of herbs that have been proven to be beneficial, but always "there has not been enough research to prove their efficacy".... why? because the pharmaceutical companies cannot put a patent on a simple herb... there is not money in it for them.

Doctors are allopathic, they treat symptoms most of the time, not illnesses, and the symptoms can be affected by drugs..... but wont in many cases cure the illnesses.... there is no money in it. Keep the suckers coming back. Taking more and more tablets to overcome the side affects of the previous set of tablets.

You do not need to be Diabetic unless you are type 1... Just about every type 2 diabetic could be cured, simply by changing their diet, within around 30 days, but most people are too week to make the changes, and just about all the Doctors only know about Insulin boosting drugs like Metformin which are bad as hell for you.

You do not need to boost insulin, you need to reduce glucose, both eaten/drunk, or what is created in the body itself by getting carbs and starches out of your diet. Do that, and your cells will stop rejecting the messages from your liver and pancreas, and you will no longer be insulin resistant, and as long as you don't go back on a high carb diet you will never be diabetic again.

#20 Nov 30, 2019 4:01 pm

houston
Active

Donal O'Neill has been pushing the "don't fear healthy fat" diet for years.
Bit of a long video but his independent research and findings are interesting.

https://youtu.be/6dVGZzOqyXI

Board footer