You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#11 Nov 29, 2019 2:48 pm

New Historian
Active

Re: It's Time We Woke Up To The Allure of the older Woman.

I don't think you have any less confidence than me, mon ami. It's just that, being serious for just a minute, I like hanging around with young people, it's good for both groups. I would hope that I can impart some sense of history and wisdom, and they keep me up to date with movies and music! Like I tell them all the time: Why all the pessimism? The Greta gang and their "You've ruined my childhood, the end of the world is nigh" bleating is tiresome and plain wrong. The world is actually getting better, how quickly we (they) forget: WW1, WW2, Spanish flu epidemic, apartheid, segregation, polio, slavery, robber-baron capitalism, the Great Recession, etc. etc. How about a bit of old-fashioned gung-ho can-do, for a change? This new generation want a rose garden and aren't prepared to put in the hard yards to make one, all they do is get offended and shout "shame!".

Last edited by New Historian (Nov 29, 2019 2:48 pm)

#12 Nov 29, 2019 6:37 pm

houston
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

Young women are beautiful.  They are the most pleasant thing to gaze upon in the universe. There is no contest.

Still... If I was single and...

...if I wanted to date and...

...if in some topsy-turvy, backwards, bizzaro universe young women wanted to date me...

I would still want to date women my own age.

That's hilarious, quite a sense of humour you have RD.
The young are lovely but like you said before they tend to say "you're cute, just like my grandpa"....so much for the air of confidence!!

#13 Nov 29, 2019 7:00 pm

Dancer
Active

New Historian wrote:

Smoke shows? Here's smoke:

https://i.postimg.cc/p9NxftKG/Smoke.jpg

..........  Steaming...lo       

SEEMS NH eyes have gotten bigger. " Way to go NH ".
Now you are beginning to see the light.

Wonderful  ....    learning to appreciate size. lmao.

#14 Nov 29, 2019 7:02 pm

Dancer
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

But it would take a hat trick...

1) She is beautiful
2) She is mature far beyond her age
3) She is interested in dating old men

You might as well plan on winning the lottery.

-------------------------------------

>>>>> Ha, ha, ha,  Keeping it real.
lmao.

#15 Nov 29, 2019 7:03 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

I love hanging out with young people and do it quite often.  My children and their spouses range from 14 to 34.   I enjoy heading up my church youth group.  I really do like young people.

An important part of interacting with your children, their spouses and church youth groups, however, is that you don't think of them as "hot" or "potential dates."  There can be no room for disagreement on this point. smile

#16 Nov 29, 2019 7:07 pm

houston
Active

New Historian wrote:

I see you, in your own way (correction: old!) are just as ageist as these millennial snowflakes, I only just learned that "Okay Boomer" is supposed to be some sort of inter-generational diss, big LOL! Just like everyone over 40 isn't quite ready to be put out to pasture just yet, the same way all those under 40 (or rather 30!) aren't always mindless blobs of ectoplasm who don't know what a lug tool is. I'm not young but this old bod won't make anyone gag, and for reference: the entire world knows who Bob Marley is. Or was.

I get the millennial generation...a bit.
They know nothing of history, geography, nature but are right on top of science, politics, technology and money. I find that they can be very gracious and polite.
Being educated by a computer may explain their open and inclusive attitudes towards different age groups.
I know my generation was very secretive and non inclusive of anyone over age thirty.

https://youtu.be/pXRviuL6vMY

#17 Nov 29, 2019 10:17 pm

New Historian
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

I love hanging out with young people and do it quite often.  My children and their spouses range from 14 to 34.   I enjoy heading up my church youth group.  I really do like young people.

An important part of interacting with your children, their spouses and church youth groups, however, is that you don't think of them as "hot" or "potential dates."  There can be no room for disagreement on this point. smile

Absolutely! Not even close. My kids and I would chuckle at their female friends who had that friend-daddy crush: never ever ever. Fortunately my kids have generally attracted a good bunch of friends, some of whom have remained constant through many countries and thousands of miles, when my son got married in July over 50 people came from away.

#18 Nov 30, 2019 9:41 am

Slice
Active

Dancer wrote:

The TELEGRAPH ... Judith Wood  ..... Lifestyle.

We've woken up to the allure of the fifty something woman . THANKS to Ulrika and her ilk .
As Ulrika Johnson 52 joins a dating app for over 50s , seasoned online dater Bibi Lynch reveals the do's and don'ts for mid lifers on a hunt for a partner.

..... > The over 50s fighting back.  Forget those  tiny , bony   females .
Tell that to houston , Rd , NH ,  and Slice  . Expat was on the fence.

Open your eyes fellows , look around  , don't you see the 50+  talent on the street  and about most days.  LORD !
Smh. lol.

If ah have an affair, it will be with ah much woman.  Like Expat said, there is ah huge draw back, they cant hold any kind of conversation.   The younger chase you in Greenz, and if they look good, ah chasing dem back.  Not anything, but ah bit of class.

#19 Dec 02, 2019 12:57 pm

Calypso
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

I think it awesome that you have so much self confidence.  That's great. It realky is. smile

Women are like wine-- they get better with age!

Board footer