You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and announce yourself in the New Members Forum. You will be upgraded to full use of the forum when it is established you are not a spammer.

#1 Dec 09, 2019 9:17 am

Slice
Active

THIS IS AMAZING,TAKE AH FEW MINUTES TO WATCH. EXPAT WATCH

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/harvard-ge … 019-12-08/

Just imagine I can be 40 again.

Last edited by Slice (Dec 09, 2019 9:22 am)

#2 Dec 14, 2019 9:37 am

Calypso
Active

Re: THIS IS AMAZING,TAKE AH FEW MINUTES TO WATCH. EXPAT WATCH

Slice wrote:

Impossible! This cannot be done.

Last edited by Calypso (Dec 14, 2019 9:37 am)

#3 Dec 14, 2019 6:14 pm

Expat
Active

Slice wrote:

I am aware of various Genome alterations, but although I do not fancy dropping off the mortal coil, with the birth rate what it is I don't think I would fancy standing shoulder to shoulder because the place is chock a block with other people who haven't died in a timely manner too.

I am already anti the assisted birth programs, and the stream of life extending cures is going to add to our population problems.

#4 Dec 22, 2019 8:24 am

Vanni
Active

Wrong, dead-end path! Could and would bring possibly tragic consequences.

There is a path which has been ignored while exploring and focusing on such thinking. A path which brings such benefits, of which we would not dare to dream. It's at a different level, considered as unrealistic by many. But in my understanding it's the most realistic one, and in our present situation the most critical and urgent one.

So there's another path to take, a path which is not about a struggle against something, a path of grace, which brings this miraculous improvement together with it, and so many more of which we cannot conceive from where we are right now. We just have to find the right focus, to find the source of the whole transformation and uplifting of ourselves and of our present reality.

It's right here, within.

Last edited by Vanni (Dec 22, 2019 11:34 am)

#5 Dec 23, 2019 8:19 am

Slice
Active

I just think this is very real, and folks that are old with tons of money, will invest in becoming younger.  Remember the research is already working on mice.  Expat, folks are dead even before they are dead.  When you ole and sick, why keep suffering? there is not ah chance in hell you coming back to life, that is when assisted suicide comes into play.  Kill me when ah get that ole or sick.  Kaiso what is not real about the story? What you doh believe about it?

#6 Dec 23, 2019 11:01 am

Calypso
Active

Slice wrote:

I just think this is very real, and folks that are old with tons of money, will invest in becoming younger.  Remember the research is already working on mice.  Expat, folks are dead even before they are dead.  When you ole and sick, why keep suffering? there is not ah chance in hell you coming back to life, that is when assisted suicide comes into play.  Kill me when ah get that ole or sick.  Kaiso what is not real about the story? What you doh believe about it?

Slice, the old has to make place for the new. New ideas have to come from the young so that the world continue to exist. Would you really want to stay young forever? I wouldn't. When my time comes, I want to go knowing that I did live a full life.

#7 Dec 23, 2019 4:11 pm

Expat
Active

Calypso wrote:
Slice wrote:

Slice, the old has to make place for the new. New ideas have to come from the young so that the world continue to exist. Would you really want to stay young forever? I wouldn't. When my time comes, I want to go knowing that I did live a full life.

A World without old heads to manage the feckless irresponsible idealistic foolhardy inexperienced young would be an even more chaotic place.  Remember village elders? At one time and place respected and considered a valuable asset due to their EXPERIENCE!.  Something the young lack.

#8 Dec 23, 2019 4:13 pm

Expat
Active

Slice wrote:

Don't worry dude I wont let you dwindle away. Off to the bush and a cap in yu ass will take away your aches and pains.... smile

Board footer