You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Jan 15, 2020 10:23 am

Real Distwalker
Active

How to tell if you are old

If you fall hard on your ass on the ice and people laugh, you are young.

If you slip on the ice and hit the pavement and people panic and run over asking if you are injured, you are old.

I slipped on the ice and hit that concrete hard this morning.  Based on the reaction of those around me, I am a very old man indeed.

Now where did I put that ibuprofen?

#2 Jan 15, 2020 1:36 pm

Slice
Active

Re: How to tell if you are old

PADNAH, ah ole lady told me, she said boy doh get ole nah. Growing ole is ah bitch.  Now ah want to take part in the that research, I saw on 60 minutes. Great to know you ok after your fall.

You also know you ole when you young son always want to do everything technical for you.

Which makes me wonder how the hell Expat, and dem Grenadians work so damn hard.

#3 Jan 15, 2020 4:22 pm

Expat
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

If you fall hard on your ass on the ice and people laugh, you are young.

If you slip on the ice and hit the pavement and people panic and run over asking if you are injured, you are old.

I slipped on the ice and hit that concrete hard this morning.  Based on the reaction of those around me, I am a very old man indeed.

Now where did I put that ibuprofen?

I hope you put it in a bag and gave it to the chemist to dispose of safely. Toxic, and basically destructive to many organs, and definitely joints.

While Turmeric, and Ginger are oft quoted as being as good as NSAIDS, it is only really when they are extracted from the plants, rather than just boiling a tea that it is strong enough to be effective, so Capsules of Turmeric are better for you than the real thing. Strange but true.

#4 Jan 15, 2020 6:46 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Damn man, I took two tablets.  I do that maybe four or five times a year and they work great for me.  I didn't have any turmeric and ginger in my friggin desk drawer. 

Thank goodness for a little pain free quality of life.

Last edited by Real Distwalker (Jan 15, 2020 6:47 pm)

#5 Jan 16, 2020 7:23 pm

Expat
Active

Pain is there for a reason, just as inflammation, which is the body rushing aid to the affected area, reduce inflammation, and slow the healing process.

Pain tells you you are injured, apart from trauma and surgery, most pain is tolerable. or can be reduced via non pharmaceutical means, pain killers do not actually stop pain, they just disconnect you from it, which is some circumstances could allow you to injure yourself further.

No one is going to say the sky will fall with your 4 tablets a year, but you are not the only person reading the thread.

Board footer