You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Feb 07, 2020 10:26 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Online "health experts" advise mother about sick child...

Child dies.

On Facebook, anti-vaxxers urged a mom not to give her son Tamiflu. He later died.

Online groups that routinely traffic in anti-vaccination propaganda have become a resource for people seeking out a wide variety of medical information.

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/social-med … u-n1131936

#2 Feb 07, 2020 11:06 am

Expat
Active

Re: Online "health experts" advise mother about sick child...

Yep I saw that.

Truly sad in many ways. Terrible for the mother who will now feel guilt apart from her obvious sorrow.

I think the basic premis that the upsurge in an unregulated Pharma industry that creates a vaccine at the drop of a hat for almost everything down to bed bugs is true. We only had the upswing AFTER the US Government removed ALL liability from the Pharma companies. They cannot be sued for for injury or death. So they have a free hand. And by Christ are they using it.

When MOST of us posting and even lurking on this forum were young we only had a hand full of vaccines, and somehow through it all we survived... totally remarkable it would seem if we were to believe the vaccine pundits nowadays.

Even the vaccines we had have been changed for example the polio vaccine which used to be administered on a cube of sugar.... there was a bad batch I believe which caused a ruckus, and as a result it is now injected.

I am not as I stated before an anti-vaxxer, but I am cautionary, and believe we are weakening our children's bodies by making them develop inflammatory responses due to repeated dosing with organisms almost identical to those that the body would naturally fight. The immune system becomes hyper sensitive, and starts to attack benign things that are within the body.

While every death is tragic, I also believe we are so intent on protecting humanity from every illness, and finding ways of creating life which would not other wise existed, that our already burgeoning population is going to outgrow the food supply.

We used to have decimating illnesses, we used to have major conflicts culminating in the last 2 World Wars. Where the hell would the population be if we hadn't had those culling.

We are too clever for our own good by far.

#3 Feb 07, 2020 12:34 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Culling the herd might benefit the herd but that is of little comfort to those who are culled.

#4 Feb 07, 2020 3:24 pm

Expat
Active

So lets save everybody and go from 10 Billion to 50m Billion and convert every piece of land to vertical agriculture.

WE are unsustainable.

Regrettably the couple of times I got close to being an actual parent it wasn't to be. That's life it sucks some times, but say what. Nowadays if a couple can't have children it is their right to jump through hurdles, and hell or high water make a child.

Help people stay alive with as decent quality of life as possible, but don't manufacture babies. Mad.

We are all going to die. I have an illness that is a one way street. At the moment I have the hand brake on and things are stable. Had I stayed in the UK, I am certain I would be dead by now. when the hand brake slips as it probably will I shall enjoy what time I have left, and not make a fuss. Others would want transplants and or Dialysis, for probably a max of an extra 5 years.

Life is not fair. it sucks. So what.

#5 Feb 07, 2020 3:41 pm

New Historian
Active

It's not diseases that will cause the world population to disappear up its own jacksie, it's declining birth rates. The richer people become, the less children they have. Japan and Scandanavia are already dealing with the economic fallout of shrinking populations, others will follow shortly. Even in the Caribbean fertility rates are rapidly declining. Thank god I did my bit lol!!

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2 … e-century/

#6 Feb 07, 2020 4:30 pm

Slice
Active

Kinda agree with you.  Someone sent me  something, saying that one of the world most dangerous fruit is mango.  You know what is funny about that, there are folks that believe in that JACKASSERY! I delete it immediately.  If mangoes is that dangerous, ah done dead about ah million times.

#7 Feb 07, 2020 5:07 pm

New Historian
Active

If I hear/see one more idiot go on about "soursop cures cancer", I'm gonna vomit - or do something else! 90% of these "wonder natural cures" are just pure quackery, ever wondered why people died so much, before we invented antibiotics and other REAL medicines?

Board footer