You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the Spiceislander Talkshop. We have a new look and new features. Have a look around. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#1 Feb 20, 2017 1:41 pm

Webmaster
Administrator

Reporting Spam and Other Garbage

There is a link in the lower right corner of every comment called "Report".  You can use this link to report spam and other garbage that gets posted be to the moderator.

#2 Feb 27, 2017 5:17 am

Vanni

Re: Reporting Spam and Other Garbage

<- smoking through my ears

Thanks Heaven, and Thanks Webmaster!

Already reported one of these parasites.

Talking of this, would you mind deleting from the registered users those fakes who do not care about Spiceislandertalkshop, don't even know who / what it's about, are just obsessed about spamming, and who are there only littering as much the forum as the user list?

Thank you smile

#3 Mar 18, 2017 12:22 pm

Vanni

Dear Webmaster,

two more of 'em.

Could it be thinkable, if not to delete them from the users' list, at least to create a specific banned users list, or make them invisible in the general list, so you can still keep record of them, should you want so?

Have a great weekend everyone smile

Last edited by Vanni (Mar 18, 2017 12:23 pm)

#4 Mar 19, 2017 10:18 pm

Webmaster
Administrator

They are being banned as they appear.  If you look at the users list, you will see several names that have been banned.  We ban their user name, email address and IP. 

I am working on other means to block them before they post.   Until then, please ignore them and accept my apologies.

#5 Mar 20, 2017 4:16 am

Vanni

Thank you Webmaster. I can see in the users' list that you mention them as banned. Now, there are more and more banned names littering the users's list. And as it looks, they could soon become the majority of names there. The idea is whether the banned IDs could disappear from the active users' list, and, for example, be stored in a separate banned users' list, either visible to all, or visible to you alone. I am aware that you are caring. So thank you for everything smile

Another question: it appears that by simply opening one of these scamspam posts - which only motivation for me is to report them - could trigger malware. So what is your advice: should we avoid opening such posts at all, even if only for the purpose of reporting them?

Last edited by Vanni (Mar 20, 2017 4:19 am)

#6 Mar 20, 2017 6:54 am

Webmaster
Administrator

It is perfectly safe to open the spam posts.  This forum carries no executable code.   Do not, however, click on any of the links in the post.  It is impossible to know in what that would result.

The IP addresses of the spammers  is Eastern Europe.  Moldova, Ukraine, Belarus...  that sort of thing.

Board footer