You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Mar 01, 2020 11:12 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

It's in the Caribbean

#2 Mar 02, 2020 8:44 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: It's in the Caribbean

Opera-Snapshot-2020-03-02-064140-www-arcgis-com.png

#3 Mar 02, 2020 9:00 am

Slice
Active

Is it that bad? They say more than half the folks who have it show no signs of symptoms.  The folks who die, are mostly sick folks with underlining problems.  I just think they just ent know enough yet.

#4 Mar 02, 2020 10:17 am

Expat
Active

Keep yer distance, keep disinfecting your hands with soap or spirits if you are out and about, avoid handshakes, avoid coughing and sneezing uncontrollably.

It's a worry, but it does seem to be over blown. Far more people both numbers and percentage wise get common flue, and die as a result than this new virus.

There seems to be a don't bother to use masks philosophy from the powers that be, but although I accept it is mainly for clinicians in close proximity, I figure it MAY help virus droplets getting to your mouth, and it MAY prevent you from coughing droplets at other people.

#5 Mar 02, 2020 12:11 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

The size of the virus compared to the size of the holes in a mask is similar to a golf ball and a garage door.  That said, if wearing something on your face helps to remind you to not touch your mouth, nose or eyes, it will probably help some.

As you said, sick people should wear them to keep them from spraying their virus infected snot and spit all over the place.

The best thing you can do is stop keep your hands to yourself, wash them constantly and don't touch your face.

I saw this online today...

Neil Diamond: "Hands..."

CDC: "Yes, you should wash your hands thoroughly and often."

Neil Diamond: ...touching hands..."

CDC: "No, don't do that."

Neil Diamond: "...reaching out...."

CDC: "No, don't do that either."

Neil Diamond: "...touching me..."

CDC: "What?!"

Neil Diamond: "...touching you..."

CDC: "Stop it right now!"

#6 Mar 02, 2020 2:23 pm

New Historian
Active

And Guadeloupe

#7 Mar 02, 2020 2:52 pm

houston
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

The size of the virus compared to the size of the holes in a mask is similar to a golf ball and a garage door.  That said, if wearing something on your face helps to remind you to not touch your mouth, nose or eyes, it will probably help some.

As you said, sick people should wear them to keep them from spraying their virus infected snot and spit all over the place.

The best thing you can do is stop keep your hands to yourself, wash them constantly and don't touch your face.

I saw this online today...

Neil Diamond: "Hands..."

CDC: "Yes, you should wash your hands thoroughly and often."

Neil Diamond: ...touching hands..."

CDC: "No, don't do that."

Neil Diamond: "...reaching out...."

CDC: "No, don't do that either."

Neil Diamond: "...touching me..."

CDC: "What?!"

Neil Diamond: "...touching you..."

CDC: "Stop it right now!"

Now I got it!