You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and announce yourself in the New Members Forum. You will be upgraded to full use of the forum when it is established you are not a spammer.

#1 Feb 26, 2020 7:14 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Dust to dust...

87509668-10213964606467579-4189357353021210624-n.jpg

#2 Feb 26, 2020 11:07 pm

New Historian
Active

Re: Dust to dust...

Looks like a line of coke lol! Or, so I understand ...!

#3 Mar 09, 2020 6:43 pm

Vanni
Active

Who "You"? Who are we: an immortal Self animating a body, or exclusively a body made of dust? I am aware to have been existing before I came into this body, and I will keep existing after my body turns into whatever it is meant to turn into. Our body is, however, a part of us to take care of during its whole existence, to keep healthy, as pleasant as possible, as comfortable, not least out of reverence for Life.

#4 Mar 10, 2020 10:42 am

Real Distwalker
Active

It refers to your physical body, not your soul.

#5 Mar 10, 2020 11:29 am

Slice
Active

Me cousin called me yesterday and said my neighbor and also the person I bought the house from in Grenada, took his life.  The way he took it have me scratching me head.  For anyone to drive from Grand Anse to Grand E tang to take he life is ah story within itself.

Kinda tells the story of one soul and you doh know, what folks are dealing with.  Even as they look great physically.

I should not me surprise about anything, but lord this one shock the sheet outa me.  I know I was the only person, he talked to in my hood.  His stories, to me just doh match up, with what I am hearing about the life he was living.

This guy use to take three and two hours walk to preserve his life.  How can that be?  How can he take his life?

#6 Mar 10, 2020 11:43 am

New Historian
Active

Sad to hear that Slice. And you heard about the Coleman Redhead murder? Lord what happening to our peaceful land?

#7 Mar 10, 2020 12:17 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

More and more I realize we should try to be kind to each other. We have no idea what others are dealing with.

#8 Mar 11, 2020 9:30 am

Slice
Active

New Historian wrote:

Sad to hear that Slice. And you heard about the Coleman Redhead murder? Lord what happening to our peaceful land?

Nope did not hear about that murder.  Gosh ah wish ah could get some News papers up here. I get big news about Grenada from Now Grenada, but the little stuff ah doh get.  Not worried it will never go over the edge.  It is still ah paradise.

#9 Mar 11, 2020 9:41 am

Slice
Active

Real Distwalker wrote:

More and more I realize we should try to be kind to each other. We have no idea what others are dealing with.

Most folks in me hood talked real bad about this guy, but in all cases I asked them to stop. Hate TABAY.

I know I can be real mean at times, but it is great to love the folks around you. I was so mean to one Grenadian in me house me wife cant get over it. I was eating outside one day, and he stopped and ask me for some food, I said hell no, stop spending you money on booze and buy some food.  My wife said, ah doh believe you just did that.  How dare you? The poor guy was hungry and you refuse to feed him.  I felt real bad. 

The truth is ah drinking coffee, he wants ah cup, ah smoking cigarettes he wants one, aj out side drinking with me buddies he stops to have about 10 drinks.  Then he had the nerve to start talking bad about America.  Really you have that much nerve? Truth be known, I will never ever refuse him food again.

#10 Mar 11, 2020 10:00 am

Expat
Active

Sounds like you is P whipped to me.

If he is a live light and weigh heavy kinda guy tell him to bugger off. He is enjoying what he wants to do, why do you have to be part of his economy. Whether he is critical of America or not should not influence your generosity, that is pettiness.

If he is a down and out, that is a different matter.

Board footer