You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Mar 13, 2020 1:57 pm

Expat
Active

John Hopkins graphic leaves off the UK

I guess we are virus free?

They only had a reference for Gibraltar

Oooops.

#2 Mar 13, 2020 4:57 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: John Hopkins graphic leaves off the UK

Yep.  It is missing in action.  That site is clearly a work in process.

#3 Mar 14, 2020 9:26 am

Real Distwalker
Active

They found the UK and returned it to the graphic.

#4 Mar 14, 2020 10:15 am

Expat
Active

Nice to be recognised again... smile

Although it has been 11 deaths for at least a day, the last one being in Scotland.

At least the number infected isn't sky rocketing yet... guess that will follow as the 4 day gestation period multiplies up the confirmed cases.

Seems to me this aint going away, and it's not if you get it, it's WHEN you go get it. Sooner or later... Most vulnerable people will not avoid it before they have a "SAFE" tested vaccine.  JMO.

#5 Mar 14, 2020 10:23 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Yeah, it will burn out at some point.  When enough people have had it and are immune, we will have herd immunity.  Vaccines will eventually contribute to that.  But, yeah, it's going to be a long, hard slog to get there.

#6 Mar 14, 2020 10:26 am

Real Distwalker
Active

I wouldn't look to that graphic to have much specific data.  It must be a massive undertaking to keep it up to date.

#7 Mar 15, 2020 8:47 am

Slice
Active

This is the point, I could not understand, why did Trump  banned  not cover England and Ireland? The answer is now very clear, he has Golf courses in those two places.

#8 Mar 15, 2020 9:06 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Maybe he saw the UK had no infections on the Johns Hopkins site and assumed it was safe.

Who the hell knows why he does anything he does?  A week ago he was telling us the whole thing is a hoax.

#9 Mar 15, 2020 9:19 am

Slice
Active

Ok, allyu stop talking bad about we in Baltimore hospital.  We  now have we own  test for the virus and instead of waiting on test kits from the government, we are sharing with all hospitals in the Baltimore area.

Board footer