You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and announce yourself in the New Members Forum. You will be upgraded to full use of the forum when it is established you are not a spammer.

#1 Mar 18, 2020 10:51 am

Real Distwalker
Active

How about some good news?

-China has closed down its last coronavirus hospital. Not enough new cases to support them.

- Doctors in India have been successful in treating Coronavirus. Combination of drugs used: Lopinavir, Retonovir, Oseltamivir along with Chlorphenamine. They are going to suggest same medicine, globally.

- Researchers of the Erasmus Medical Center claim to have found an antibody against coronavirus.

- A 103-year-old Chinese grandmother has made a full recovery from COVID-19 after being treated for 6 days in Wuhan, China.

- Apple reopens all 42 china stores,

- Cleveland Clinic developed a COVID-19 test that gives results in hours, not days.

- Good news from South Korea, where the number of new cases is declining.

- Italy is hit hard, experts say, only because they have the oldest population in Europe.

- Scientists in Israel likely to announce the development of a coronavirus vaccine.

- 3 Maryland coronavirus patients fully recovered; able to return to everyday life.

- A network of Canadian scientists are making excellent progress in Covid-19 research.

- A San Diego biotech company is developing a Covid-19 vaccine in collaboration with Duke University and National University of Singapore.

- Tulsa County's first positive COVID-19 case has recovered. This individual has had two negative tests, which is the indicator of recovery.

- All 7 patients who were getting treated for at Safdarjung hospital in New Delhi have recovered.

- Plasma from newly recovered patients from Covid -19 can treat others infected by Covid-19.

So it's not ALL bad news. Let's care for each other and stay focused on safety of those most vulnerable.

#2 Mar 18, 2020 11:46 am

gripe
Active

Re: How about some good news?

RD, appreciated, but, sources for those welcome good news pointers would have been helpful. Still, I endorse your "So it's not ALL bad news. Let's care for each other and stay focused on safety of those most vulnerable."

#3 Mar 18, 2020 12:15 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

I didn't compile the list but I checked most of them out.  If you highlight them and hit search, you can find data on any of them.  I think it is a good list.

#4 Mar 18, 2020 1:34 pm

gripe
Active

RD, it is, indeed, "a good list" that gives us hope for some early resolution to the crisis.

#5 Mar 18, 2020 4:38 pm

Slice
Active

WHman, ah hope you reading RD post, about the parts that said cure.

#6 Mar 18, 2020 8:20 pm

Expat
Active

The Indians have developed a cure via several drugs in combo. They are trying to get the WHO on board.

#7 Mar 19, 2020 8:52 am

Slice
Active

I told me PADNAH, WHman there are ah number of cures in the pipeline, he basically told me ah was mad. I read in Science magazine about also ah potential cure.  This woman was critical and given ah number of drugs, she is now fully recovered.

#8 Mar 19, 2020 11:11 am

WH Man
Active

Slice wrote:

WHman, ah hope you reading RD post, about the parts that said cure.

Maybe I need new glasses, I cannot find the word "cure" anyware in RD's post.....

#9 Mar 19, 2020 11:12 am

WH Man
Active

Anywhere...….lol

#10 Mar 20, 2020 9:16 am

Slice
Active

It was made official last night on CNN, hope you were watching. JHU send ah possible cure to the FDA, for approval and testing.  I told you last week, that it was reported on our local news, that JHU made a break through that could be ah cure for COVD19.  The discovery was tested and showed it could be very effective.

Ah wonder if you go still doubt me.

Board footer