You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the the original, the one and only, Spiceislander Talkshop. The site remains Grenadian owned and hosted in the United States.

#11 Mar 22, 2017 4:09 pm

Lily
Active

Re: HOW MANY GRENADAINS FROM YOUR AREA ARE DOING WELL IN THE BIG WORLD?

Slice wrote:

Lily, I am a resident of Baltimore County.  Most Grenadians I am referring to live in the Brooklyn area.  How the hell ah go help them?

Then there was this Older Grenadian, I met  when I came to Baltimore some 30 years ago.  She was ah beggar on the street, but this was a very strange situation, she was a Street lady, but was always very clean. I heard her voice one day and ask her what island she from and she said Grenada.  Needless to say I took interest in her and started visiting her area everyday, seeing how I can help.

As someone would have it, I knew her children in Grenada.  I then contacted her daughter and son, her daughter came up immediately, because she had no idea, her mother was in Baltimore, in that condition.

Here is the really strange thing, after two visits from her daughter, on the her third visit, that woman was no where to be found.  The daughter came up another three times and could never find her mother.

Her disappearance bother the SHEET OUTA me, so I always visited that area and asked what the hell could of happened to that woman?  I later learn she was actually living with a man, who was taking full advantage of her.  She was getting some kinda assistance from the government and this guy was not about to give her up.

It was a very sad situation, with her daughter.  She never saw her mother again.

That situation stuck with me forever and ever, I just could not get past, how some folks are so damn wicked.

o so you do have a good conscience then sorry I  was mistaken, if you are wondering how some folks are so wicked you maybe are not one of them. I does wonder that too.

#12 Mar 24, 2017 7:06 pm

houston
Active

Slice wrote:

Now I have to touch base in Grenada at least once weekly.  During that process, you get to talk to  a number of Grenadians.  One of my PADNAHs in Grenada once resided in Canada and he is always asking about folks who migrated.  Then there is another PADNAH, he seems to have all the answers.

How many Grenadians that migrated to the Big world are living progressive life's?  It seems some the folks that migrated, and we all thought, that they would do very well, are not living up to expectations.  One or two almost outcast including myself are living progressive lifes.

Now please do not judge by the wealth, but are contributing to America and are also giving back to Grenada.

Me PADNAHS in Grenada, think it is less than ah half percent, that is doing well.

One of we PADNAHS who migrated, was living outa ah Trash can in Brooklyn. (TABANCA IN HE ASS)  One came back home mad as ah bat. Two died alcohol, and one on drugs and two was sent back home because of drugs.

Now that  isjust in Vincennes, Piedmontemps and Windsor Forest.

The stories I am hearing is not very positive.  I must ask why are we not doing well?

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canad … ed-it-here

Immigrating to a new place can't be an easy thing to do. Change of climate, change of diet, change of culture, maybe a change of language. Some thrive and others just want to go home. The most successful usually have the help and support of friends or family and a community that makes them feel at home. Without that, one would feel they were alone on a different planet.

#13 Mar 24, 2017 7:19 pm

houston
Active

If a Saskatchewan pioneers wife left him, he could see her walking away into the horizon for about three days.

Board footer