You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Apr 27, 2020 3:10 pm

Expat
Active

Several people have told me

There are ANOTHER 3 cases today. They say they heard it on the radio.

There is no press update listed at GIS at the moment, so time will tell. Usually it's at 4pm, and it's just after 3.

#2 Apr 27, 2020 3:24 pm

Slice
Active

Re: Several people have told me

If so allyu now lock down for life.  Trying me best to be in Greenz sometime in June, but for now it doh look so, if these cases keep popping up.

#3 Apr 27, 2020 7:49 pm

Expat
Active

Well, as I said, OTHER people said it, but I have been looking at the GIS, MikeyHutchinson etc, and I am not seeing anything, so maybe the folks that said they heard something on the radio may have just caught the headline without realising it was past history.

So, so far I have to return to the pulpit, and say maybe that first announcement was fake news.

As for returning so early.... Hmmmmmm maybe they will have a quarantine set up for American returnees by that time.

America is going to be full of it for months to come, same as Britain, and many other countries. Assuming we get the brakes on it, why would we open the ports to non stranded from the diaspora.

You could be free of infection up to 1 hour before leaving Miami, but be contagious 3 days later. Keep yer arse where it belongs.

#4 Apr 28, 2020 12:35 pm

New Historian
Active

"Several people have told me" sounds like the prelude to a Trump lie! Were they the best people?

#5 Apr 28, 2020 2:56 pm

Expat
Active

New Historian wrote:

"Several people have told me" sounds like the prelude to a Trump lie! Were they the best people?

Well today on GIS @4pm we are getting a health statement, so we'll find out innit.

#6 Apr 28, 2020 5:23 pm

Expat
Active

So the story really is 3 cases from the one employer. We have a total of 18 with 10 recovered on the Island. were it not for those 3 we would be expecting the remaining 5 to be declared recovered soon, so hopefully we will soon only have 3 active cases. fingers crossed.

Board footer