You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#11 Apr 30, 2020 9:29 am

Expat
Active

Re: A meteoric rise in survival rates

Real Distwalker wrote:

I don't believe any statistics coming out of China and neither should you.

Grenada is an island with a small population. Of course it is easier than in a continental nation.  Even then, you are going to have to stay locked down and on curfew until there is a vaccine or it will tear you up as soon as you crack the door.

The Ohio prison system tested all the prisoners. Of those infected, 96% were asymptomatic.  I don't know how many positive cases you think there are in Grenada, but there are more than you think right now.  Many are infected but have no symptoms.

I know people all over America and I am aware of only one person who has tested positive.  She is a woman my age who works at University Hospitals.  She got a headache for a few days, a mild fever for a couple days and a touch of pinkeye.  She is fully recovered now and back at work. 

This is definitely a shit sandwich but everyday I am a bit more convinced that we may have over reacted.

I know the internet is full of conspiracy theories, either from crack pots or some one who wants 5 minutes of glory, but something mentioned by a supposedly highly qualified doctor with books and several doctorates to his name who had been pretty senior in the medical side of the Army came up with the comment that the Gold star test used gives positives from people who have had the regular flue shot previously.

He accuses Fauci of being instrumental in off shoring a chimera bio project to China and arranging funds to support it which Congress had created a moritorium for. I may not have written that correctly, but I guess the gist will be understandable.

It was a long rant so as long as it wasn't taken down I'll listen again.

#12 Apr 30, 2020 1:49 pm

Slice
Active

Ah ent disagreeing with you, but ah child molester is just dat.  No matter what, he is going to do it.

This morning ah had to stay for more than ah hour in the bank.  Then went to the store ah hate the most Wallmart had to spend another hour in the line. You tink ah enjoy dat? but we have to do what we have to do.  Safety first.

BTW no such meat shortage in Whole foods. Ah was worried, that the food chain will be broken; so, ah went to stock up on especially meat.

Whole foods is the only supermarket that is not running outa stuff.

Last edited by Slice (Apr 30, 2020 1:56 pm)

#13 May 01, 2020 10:54 am

Expat
Active

Slice wrote:

Ah ent disagreeing with you, but ah child molester is just dat.  No matter what, he is going to do it.

This morning ah had to stay for more than ah hour in the bank.  Then went to the store ah hate the most Wallmart had to spend another hour in the line. You tink ah enjoy dat? but we have to do what we have to do.  Safety first.

BTW no such meat shortage in Whole foods. Ah was worried, that the food chain will be broken; so, ah went to stock up on especially meat.

Whole foods is the only supermarket that is not running outa stuff.

Probably getting their stuff from China.....

Board footer