You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Apr 20, 2020 8:20 pm

Dancer
Active

What's Up JA... Baking ?

I jus wanted to see if you have  watching JAWS the  movie  to get some 'Sea' in your lockdown. You can try Moby Dick too .
Hawaii five -O  also. lol
As we all  are  in some form of lockdown ….  woman , baking   , slipped into my head.

Next …. I wondered if Calypso can cook  ,,,  even knows  ,  what a kitchen looks like  ?
Have you ever remember her posting a recipe . How to cook rice and peas ,
Making a great fish sauce  ?
Neither have I.

We can hope she  uses her isolation time  wisely.
words are fine , they come and go
Get a skill , ...cooking ?

lol.

#2 May 03, 2020 9:45 pm

Dancer
Active

Re: What's Up JA... Baking ?

I was tempted to apologize to the JA  after I heard a story on BBC radio .

""" Women Baking slipped into my head """"  WRONG !

In this pandemic MEN have been delving into the flour. And proud of it . This is so sad , more men in aprons."
" What is the world coming to , women have the kids , Pappa pushes the kids in the park."

#3 May 04, 2020 5:41 pm

Expat
Active

Dancer wrote:

I was tempted to apologize to the JA  after I heard a story on BBC radio .

""" Women Baking slipped into my head """"  WRONG !

In this pandemic MEN have been delving into the flour. And proud of it . This is so sad , more men in aprons."
" What is the world coming to , women have the kids , Pappa pushes the kids in the park."

In some of my earlier years at secondary school I did cooking for a year. But the teacher was not ready for boys having the impudence to want to cook, so I think.... and I think it is an honest and fair evaluation, she was a bit of a bitch, and marked me down when my pastries were perfection. OK, they were OK. maybe not perfection.

Now unless it's very basic I really can't be asked to cook, while back then I had ideas about cheferie. Then I went on to Metal Work, and have been involved in engineering in one form or another for much of my life. Currently welding my gates as the sea blast was doing them in. I guess bitchy teacher did me a favour.

#4 May 05, 2020 11:39 am

Dancer
Active

Expat , what a switch !   From making cookies to pots and pans.

Some  teachers need to be spoken to. I wonder if our current 'teach' identifies with your 'bad teacher'
Guides for young minds....    social  propaganda !!!

Board footer