You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#11 May 12, 2020 8:06 am

Slice
Active

Re: EXPAT, YOU BETTER START SMOKING AGAIN

I am not ah pack ah day smoker, I smoke an average 6 cigarettes ah day,  Had an appointment with me doc, on the 11th about stop smoking.

She basically did no coaching on how to stop, during the video call.  She said too damn much going, lets wait, until the country get back to normal.

Having said dat, This virus have the pros scratching their heads.  They simple have no idea about this thing.  Ah picking and chooseing what ah want to believe.

Yesterday someone send me something on Whatcrapp and Whatlies and also whatfalse stories, dat most black folks who die from the virus,  the vitamin D in their system is very low.  He is asking that black folks take Vitamin D tablet or spend sometime in the sun. He sound very creditable.  Who the hell knows.

I say in about five years they go really have ah beat on this virus.

#12 May 12, 2020 11:43 am

Expat
Active

The vitamin D thing will for surety be right, White folks in Northern Climes have VitD deficiency, but it is worse for Black folks because you skin evolved to reduce the Suns affects, so your VitD uptake is less.

When my kidney issues were first diagnosed I had virtually no VitD in me at all, which was one of the clues that I had the problem. Now when I see the UK doctor she says, I know where you have been, your VitD reading is through the roof.

Take Vit D, Zinc, Omega3, take as much VitC as you can manage without getting an upset stomach, eat Blueberries, Strawberries, Blackberries, etc, sunflower seeds, melon seeds, plenty of veggies, as little carbohydrate as you can, a sensible size peace of meat, not the half a cow they put on your plate in American restaurants, and you will live for ever while people drop like flies around you.

Unless you get struck down by a car.

Last edited by Expat (May 12, 2020 11:44 am)

#13 May 12, 2020 6:45 pm

houston
Active

Slice wrote:

I am not ah pack ah day smoker, I smoke an average 6 cigarettes ah day,  Had an appointment with me doc, on the 11th about stop smoking.

She basically did no coaching on how to stop, during the video call.  She said too damn much going, lets wait, until the country get back to normal.

Having said dat, This virus have the pros scratching their heads.  They simple have no idea about this thing.  Ah picking and chooseing what ah want to believe.

Yesterday someone send me something on Whatcrapp and Whatlies and also whatfalse stories, dat most black folks who die from the virus,  the vitamin D in their system is very low.  He is asking that black folks take Vitamin D tablet or spend sometime in the sun. He sound very creditable.  Who the hell knows.

I confess that I too am a cigarette smoker and find it to be the most difficult habit to kick. I hate the damn things. Expensive, unhealthy, socially unacceptable and smelly. Gone are the days when you could smoke on an airplane, in a movie theater, restaurant, bar, or even at the office desk.
It's become a hassle to smoke, can't smoke within 30 feet of a public entrance. Can't smoke in a public park. Can't smoke in a condominium. Can't smoke in a company vehicle...it's considered to be the work place and the smoke police will issue a $500 fine. All the more incentive to quit.
Although once enjoyable, not so much anymore.
Six smokes a day should be fairly easy to ween off of if the cold turkey method doesn't work. Keep in mind, you have to want to quit for any method to work.
A few friends have told me that by reading this book by Allen Carr, they had no problem quitting after several attempts with patches, tablets, gums etc.
Strange, but it seemed to work for them.
Good luck!

Resized-Screenshot-20180202-155047.jpg

#14 May 12, 2020 7:19 pm

Expat
Active

houston wrote:
Slice wrote:

I confess that I too am a cigarette smoker and find it to be the most difficult habit to kick. I hate the damn things. Expensive, unhealthy, socially unacceptable and smelly. Gone are the days when you could smoke on an airplane, in a movie theater, restaurant, bar, or even at the office desk.
It's become a hassle to smoke, can't smoke within 30 feet of a public entrance. Can't smoke in a public park. Can't smoke in a condominium. Can't smoke in a company vehicle...it's considered to be the work place and the smoke police will issue a $500 fine. All the more incentive to quit.
Six smokes a day should be fairly easy to ween off of if the cold turkey method doesn't work. Keep in mind, you have to want to quit for any method to work.
A few friends have told me that by reading this book by Allen Carr, they had no problem quitting after several attempts with patches, tablets, gums etc.
Good luck!

https://i.postimg.cc/4Y60vDYX/Resized-Screenshot-20180202-155047.jpg

As Slice knows, I used to smoke heavily. There was absolutely no way I could phase it out. Far too weak willed, and a slightly addictive personality.

I just stopped. OK, I just stopped 3 times, but there was a trigger for my restarting it wasn't simply addiction.

Last time 46 years ago, I may have cracked it this time... smile

#15 May 13, 2020 9:37 am

Slice
Active

houston wrote:
Slice wrote:

Good luck!

I never did follow the guide lines, that you cant smoke in the company vehicle.  No one better check me when ah smoke in their vehicle.  Now ah have to move in the street from me house.  Wifee ban me from smoking on the steps. I stop for two years.  Then this sweet Chinese woman say, try these Capone little cigars.  They were good and I fell in like with cigarettes again.  Women are the root of all evil's.  Keep in mind six are the max.

Ah hunt Newports in Grenada.  Your brand is your brand and one doh feel comfortable if you cant get your brand.  I was finally able to find dem at $50 ah cartoon.  I am sure as day, they were counterfeits; but say wha.

Last edited by Slice (May 13, 2020 9:39 am)

#16 May 13, 2020 6:56 pm

Expat
Active

Slice wrote:
houston wrote:
Slice wrote:

Good luck!

I never did follow the guide lines, that you cant smoke in the company vehicle.  No one better check me when ah smoke in their vehicle.  Now ah have to move in the street from me house.  Wifee ban me from smoking on the steps. I stop for two years.  Then this sweet Chinese woman say, try these Capone little cigars.  They were good and I fell in like with cigarettes again.  Women are the root of all evil's.  Keep in mind six are the max.

Ah hunt Newports in Grenada.  Your brand is your brand and one doh feel comfortable if you cant get your brand.  I was finally able to find dem at $50 ah cartoon.  I am sure as day, they were counterfeits; but say wha.

Believe me you gonna get checked, and evicted from my vehicle, so be prepared, and I aint riding in yours if you gonna smoke. It's nasty, smelly, makes everything smell nasty, and its supposed to be more harmful for the side smoker than the smoker, so if you can't respect the other person what does that make you?

#17 May 13, 2020 7:32 pm

houston
Active

Nasty, addictive habit it is.
I too quit for two years. That withdrawal was brutal but I felt really good health wise and proud. Eventually people would offer a cigarette and I was foolish enough to think that I could control having one or two on occasion. That led to the purchase of my own pack that could be kept in the fridge for a need be. When that pack eventually ran out it was back to the store for another replacement pack. In no time at all I was right back into the habit of being a regular smoker.
During the time that I didn't smoke, I couldn't stand the horrible smell of the things.

#18 May 13, 2020 7:50 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

I have never been a smoker.  I tried when I was 14 and puked my guts out.  That was enough for me.  As a non smoker, I think they stink like cesspool on fire.  I don't get why anyone wants them.

#19 May 13, 2020 8:12 pm

houston
Active

When I was 14 we weren't all so clean cut.
The majority at that age smoked cigarettes, and pot too.

#20 May 13, 2020 8:54 pm

Real Distwalker
Active

I wasn't really clean cut.  Kind of a little shit at 14, actually.  We won't get into that.  It just didn't involve substances...  other than explosives. smile

Board footer