You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop. Please register and announce yourself in the New Members Forum. You will be upgraded to full use of the forum when it is established you are not a spammer.

#11 May 24, 2020 7:42 am

Slice
Active

Re: Another Islands gets the 100% recovewred status

Ah doh care wha allyu say, we coming.  Ex, in a way, allyu cant avoid getting some cases.  I honestly hope not, but allyu are so dependent on we monies, is ah gamble allyu must take.

Offline

#12 May 24, 2020 3:00 pm

Expat
Active

Re: Another Islands gets the 100% recovewred status

Dream on.

Why the hell are we still under a relaxed curfew with the only known cases... 4.... in hospital... and we still walking around under strict controls.

So we really going to throw all that away.... really?

What was the point then.  Keep yer 20,000 a day and shove it where the Sun don't shine.

With all your unmasked protesters, and congregations infecting each other, and half witted hairdressers infecting 90 at a time,. you's all and all yer chupidness can stay right where they are.  Allu don't want to see the end of this, you want to "manage it". Well mange it in all yu country, don't come and frick up ours.

You have one little chance, when those cruise ship crew clear quarantine they might find you a bunk bed to crash for your 14 days, but don't think you are going out into the general population. Forget that idea.

Last edited by Expat (May 24, 2020 3:12 pm)

Offline

#13 May 25, 2020 9:10 am

Slice
Active

Re: Another Islands gets the 100% recovewred status

Wait ah damn minute there Expat,so when they open up everyone that arrives in Grenada, will be quarantine? Some folks come for less than ah week vacation, so how allyu go quarantine them?

What about Cruise ships, wha allyu go do with dem?  Is like you want Grenada to stay closed for ah year.

Never in me life ah hear this.  Every Grenadian ah speak to in Grenada, maybe except one doh want us to come to our place of birth.  Ok we ent coming and so are the tourist, leh me see how long allyu economy go last.

Offline

#14 May 25, 2020 10:08 am

Expat
Active

Re: Another Islands gets the 100% recovewred status

Most other countries that are opening up have the 14 day policy. Why should Grenada be different?

Can you really believe people will even travel on cruise ships, let alone come and infect the populations of the islands they come to visit.

I think you need a reality check.

Why did I wait patiently for Virgin to cancel my flight? So I didn't have to risk not getting the full refund if I cancelled.

Why would I cancel? because I would have to be insane to leave a country with 4 contained cases, and go to a country like the UK where they do not seem to have a clue as to how to control the thing, and have well over 30,000 deaths, and over 2000 new cases a day. Where people wander around oblivious with no masks, and do really stupid shit.

Also I would have to be quarantined in the UK.... YES mandated.... and you could be sure I would then have to be quarantined when I get back to Grenada. So my previous 1 months visit would have been a 2 week visit followed by a 2 week quarantine in Grenada.

For you it is reversed. You are wishing to come from a country controlled by a senile man without a clue that has 20,000 new cases a day, and you want to bring that to us.

What is so different from you to the cruise ship crew? They have family homes to go to. Why should they be quarantined, and you just saunter home, and get bored and go walkabout halfway through you self imposed quarantine. No mate, unless they suddenly relax and throw up their hands and say it was all a waste of time, life and economies are going to be changed for a long time to come.

Stop whining, and suck it up.

Offline

#15 May 26, 2020 11:18 am

Slice
Active

Re: Another Islands gets the 100% recovewred status

You ah FRIGGING trip.  You made me laugh reading your post, but it has some kinda reasoning.  Lord if ah had come to Grenada in late January, things would ah been sweet.  Wifee was gonna be mad, but say what, ah stuck in paradise.

Offline

#16 May 26, 2020 7:06 pm

Expat
Active

Re: Another Islands gets the 100% recovewred status

Yep, you could have been stuck in your yard 24/7 like the rest of us. Have half a day shopping with ques up to a mile long in the blazing Sun. No alcohol, no sea bathing, no walking, no socialising, an empty larder and no way to fill it up, yep you could have had a hell of a time.

Offline

#17 May 27, 2020 9:24 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: Another Islands gets the 100% recovewred status

Expat wrote:

Yep, you could have been stuck in your yard 24/7 like the rest of us. Have half a day shopping with ques up to a mile long in the blazing Sun. No alcohol, no sea bathing, no walking, no socialising, an empty larder and no way to fill it up, yep you could have had a hell of a time.

Sounds like you took the Benedictine vow.

Other than restaurants and bars being held to 50% capacity and no huge crowd events, our restrictions are pretty much over in Iowa.  Will there be a second wave?  Probably but there are two huge hospitals in my county and, as of right now, they have total of six cases of Covid.  My zip code has had a total of 8 cases and all 8 cases are listed as recovered.  You can't keep things closed forever.

That said, my family still isn't going to restaurants except for carry out and our church is still doing online worship for now.  Most of the fairs, carnivals, festivals, concerts and such have been voluntarily canceled.  It's going to be a quiet summer.

Last edited by Real Distwalker (May 27, 2020 9:32 am)

Offline

#18 May 27, 2020 11:01 am

Slice
Active

Re: Another Islands gets the 100% recovewred status

Expat, Grenada, ent have no laws. Ah tink they took this ah lot serious than ah thought.  Ah go say it like you, ah doh think ah dat stupid to leave ah island with 2 cases and come back to ah place with about five hundred thousand.

At 6pm all ah Grenada asleep anyway.  I could get in me vehicle and drive up to Vola pasture and enjoy some moonlight.  Just me and me alone in me car.  No company.

RD ah know the economy must open, but bring the thing down.  Did the governors in SOME red states was not looking at what can haapen with NY and NJ.  Ah mean it is truly remarkable.

If the whole country was closed in February and March, every COVID 19 cases, would of been gone by now.  Now Alabama and Arkansas are going nuts.

Offline

#19 May 27, 2020 11:36 am

Real Distwalker
Active

Re: Another Islands gets the 100% recovewred status

Slice wrote:

If the whole country was closed in February and March, every COVID 19 cases, would of been gone by now.

I don't believe that at all. Nothing was going to stop this thing.

Offline

#20 May 27, 2020 1:35 pm

Expat
Active

Re: Another Islands gets the 100% recovewred status

Real Distwalker wrote:
Expat wrote:

Yep, you could have been stuck in your yard 24/7 like the rest of us. Have half a day shopping with ques up to a mile long in the blazing Sun. No alcohol, no sea bathing, no walking, no socialising, an empty larder and no way to fill it up, yep you could have had a hell of a time.

Sounds like you took the Benedictine vow.

Other than restaurants and bars being held to 50% capacity and no huge crowd events, our restrictions are pretty much over in Iowa.  Will there be a second wave?  Probably but there are two huge hospitals in my county and, as of right now, they have total of six cases of Covid.  My zip code has had a total of 8 cases and all 8 cases are listed as recovered.  You can't keep things closed forever.

That said, my family still isn't going to restaurants except for carry out and our church is still doing online worship for now.  Most of the fairs, carnivals, festivals, concerts and such have been voluntarily canceled.  It's going to be a quiet summer.

I agree they can't keep things closed for ever, and I am reaching the point where I think the abundance of caution here is getting silly.
W have 5 active cases, all of which are either in hospital or in Government quarantine.

The last one is an import of a cruise ship, and has never been outside medical control. The previous one was asymptomatic, but within an existing locked down household.

THERE AINT NO COVID OUT THERE. FFS. time to free up in the Island. Especially if this 11 day not contagious thing pans out to be correct.

I am not saying to open the boarders, or at least if you do, just as they did with the cruise ship people.... you are confined until you are cleared. After that free movement.

They are over doing it big time.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB