You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 May 31, 2020 7:50 pm

Expat
Active

Allu com back home

UK stranded nationals from Grenada to return on the 3rd.

BUT. Slice, read and understand.

https://www.facebook.com/GISgrenada/pho … =3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/GISgrenada/pho … =3&theater

You pay the cost of your quarantine dude....

#2 Jun 01, 2020 7:12 am

Slice
Active

Re: Allu com back home

I ent going to all ah dat.  Ah go visit GIS, see if ah can get the info.  Now that ah did, ah din see where it says you pay for you own quarantine.

But allyu talking like we are not Grenadians.  Is like we are another species. First and foremost, we are Grenadians, we left to make Grenada better. So we will appreciate the fact that you guys and ladies see us as Grenadians.

Many countries are paying for their nationals to return home, but allyu hell no.  Come if have the means to pay.  Ah doh get it.  Allyu owe it to us to take care of us.

Ah done ranting.

Last edited by Slice (Jun 01, 2020 7:28 am)

#3 Jun 01, 2020 9:57 am

Expat
Active

It is clearly written on the second page... The last link.

YOU must bear the cost. Re Read.

You tell us we have to open to get allu money from foreign, you know we are poor, We are borrowing like crazy to keep the impoverished alive here, and then you want us to wipe your arse.

You didn't go to America to make Grenada better, you went to make yourself better. Didn't you take American citizenship?

You must have gone to the University of JCB to get all your learning.

Last edited by Expat (Jun 01, 2020 10:09 am)

#4 Jun 01, 2020 1:01 pm

Slice
Active

Wait leh me see, ah been paying two sets of land taxes, for the last 15 years, ah send down about six barrels, ah send down ah huge container, Every month ah have to pay mortgage, ah have to pay electric bill, ah have to pay NOWASA,, Flow. Ah pay the camera guy who set up me camera, ah pay work men, ln 2018, me car insurance was $4.000 ah year, this year it is three.

Ah buy food and all kinda things in Grenada.  So who is benefitting? Just me?

This morning ah talking to me aunty, and she telling me the same thing, is like allyu doing us ah favor, by letting us back, in we country. Anyone of the returning nationals must  not for their food; because, allyu in Grenada, cant afford to pay, allyu doh have the money.  Gee me ah break, that should be the government function.

Pay for stay and food also.  This is my country too, allyu in Grenada, doh own it all by allyu self, we are Grenadians, and demand that we come to we country.  Seize an number of vacant house and quarantine us, free of cost.  Give us guards 24/7.  But to refuse us is an abuse of authority, and I am DAMN sure against the law.

Ah go call the owner of Spiceisland retreaders and see how he fell about this situation.

Most of the Crusie ship workers are barely making it, it is government duty to take care of dem.

#5 Jun 01, 2020 2:11 pm

Expat
Active

Slice wrote:

Wait leh me see, ah been paying two sets of land taxes, for the last 15 years, ah send down about six barrels, ah send down ah huge container, Every month ah have to pay mortgage, ah have to pay electric bill, ah have to pay NOWASA,, Flow. Ah pay the camera guy who set up me camera, ah pay work men, ln 2018, me car insurance was $4.000 ah year, this year it is three.

Ah buy food and all kinda things in Grenada.  So who is benefitting? Just me?

This morning ah talking to me aunty, and she telling me the same thing, is like allyu doing us ah favor, by letting us back, in we country. Anyone of the returning nationals must  not for their food; because, allyu in Grenada, cant afford to pay, allyu doh have the money.  Gee me ah break, that should be the government function.

Pay for stay and food also.  This is my country too, allyu in Grenada, doh own it all by allyu self, we are Grenadians, and demand that we come to we country.  Seize an number of vacant house and quarantine us, free of cost.  Give us guards 24/7.  But to refuse us is an abuse of authority, and I am DAMN sure against the law.

Ah go call the owner of Spiceisland retreaders and see how he fell about this situation.

Most of the Crusie ship workers are barely making it, it is government duty to take care of dem.

No body is refusing you or any of the other Nationals dotted around the World, but they are saying don't come until we have a safe controlled place for you to come and isolate, as WE DON'T WANT TO TAKE THE CHANCE OF YOU BRINGING COVID TO THE REST OF US.

Everybody telling you, but you want it YOUR way.  Ever heard of hard head?

The Government IS the people, they are just the elected representatives, it is not THEIR money they spending, once it is out of the briefcase it is OUR money they spending. From the same taxes you paid, it is YOUR money they are spending.

Who gives a Flng FCK how much you spent on Insurance, or gas, or electricity, a) we ALL pay those things, and b) you got something in return. You paid people to work. you paid THEM for what YOU wanted... probably they didn't even declare it on their taxes... so what.

Board footer