You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Jun 04, 2020 1:05 pm

Slice
Active

SINCE WAY AH BANK AND WAY AH WASH ME CAR IS BOUJEE

So there is something ah just doh get about SOME Grenadian.  Sometime ago, ah washing me car, in ah Car wash by the Fish market.  Ah guy ah know make sure he stop and tell me, ah should not wash me car here.  He said only boujee folks wash their car there. He told me to stop washing me car at that place and he will make it ah point to have someone come to me house to wash me car.  Needless to say that never happened.

Yesterday ah was explaining to someone, if they bank with that bank, I can transfer money to them without using MoneyGram.  I think it is something new offered by this bank. I kinda love it, it is much much cheaper than MoneyGram.

She said to me, wha ah doing in that bank, only BOUJEE folks bank in that bank.  She said if you tink ah tell untruth ask any Grenadians.

Ah doh get this boujee thing.  Frankly ah doh understand one minute of it.  So way ah wash me car and way ah bank in Grenada, is considered Boujee.  WOW! I am totally lost.

#2 Jun 04, 2020 2:13 pm

New Historian
Active

Re: SINCE WAY AH BANK AND WAY AH WASH ME CAR IS BOUJEE

Say it loud: I'm boujee and proud! What's the alternative? As they say in Jamaica: a buttu? Dem boys an dem with they pants down they knees and skidmarks showing? Stupes people dotish oui.

#3 Jun 05, 2020 9:58 am

Expat
Active

Re: SINCE WAY AH BANK AND WAY AH WASH ME CAR IS BOUJEE

What this boujee? Bourgeois?

That Republic Bank? I know you can transfer money into them.

Wash yu kiar wey ever yu like. Just avoid them that use jet hose. The high pressure grinds the dirt into the paint.

Board footer