You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#1 Jun 05, 2020 1:37 pm

Expat
Active

Be glad for us Slicee....

I guess only the Bajan to get rid of.

https://www.facebook.com/HealthGrenada/ … 9010477595

#2 Jun 05, 2020 3:09 pm

New Historian
Active

Re: Be glad for us Slicee....

Doh send his ass here!!

#3 Jun 05, 2020 3:32 pm

Slice
Active

Expat wrote:

I guess only the Bajan to get rid of.

https://www.facebook.com/HealthGrenada/ … 9010477595

Expat you know ah always glad. Me ent checking on NH, he stuck just like me.  He ASS ready to build he mansion in Grenada, but he stuck, someway in the Caribbean.

Our release date is the same, he ent have no advantage on me.

#4 Jun 05, 2020 4:30 pm

Expat
Active

Don't fret Bajan wannabees ain't allowed either. They keep on getting ones and two's. Keep they backside where it is.  smile

#5 Jun 05, 2020 4:31 pm

Expat
Active

So will we stay clear, or will there be a mystery case like Dominica etc. Time will tell.

#6 Jun 05, 2020 6:59 pm

houston
Active

Every nook and cranny around the globe will eventually have to share the bleeding. The areas that are remotely isolated yet depend heavily on tourism dollars are going to feel the pinch at some time or another.
Can't keep the drapes closed for ever, in fact a very short time.
Let's be honest. The majority of deaths during this pandemic are of the elderly in long term health care facilities.
Shame on us for allowing that to happen.

#7 Jun 06, 2020 12:30 pm

Slice
Active

Expat doh need tourist dollars.  Leave it up to him, he doh want another tourist in Grenada. Ah tink he forgetting tourism is an industry, for most Grenadians.

#8 Jun 06, 2020 3:07 pm

Expat
Active

Slice wrote:

Expat doh need tourist dollars.  Leave it up to him, he doh want another tourist in Grenada. Ah tink he forgetting tourism is an industry, for most Grenadians.

Now, if the Government was being casual about it, and OK, maybe we are going to keep on having the odd case here and there, then your tourist argument works.

BUT.

They aint. They are tight as a drum... almost too tight I have been saying.

Are they really that delusional that they can keep us clamped down in this excessive new norm when all there there is is one "IMPORTED" crew ship case, which is in quarantine, where we can't even fart without having a brown bag to catch it in, and then you are going to let tourists come in lay around on the loungers stroll up and down and then passing CV onto hotel staff at will.... Or are they going to have to wear a mask everywhere  "In public" like the rest of us, and go back from their vacation looking like a reverse Boo Boo Bear where the mask covered their mouth and nose.

Tourism is a large portion of our economy, and so is SGU, but SGU going online for a lot of their stuff, Cruise ships just aint coming any time soon, and if I had my way would just sail past like the festering germ laden stew pots they are.  OK NH  smile

I am afraid I simply don't have any sensible answers for this, Small Island Small Economy locations are very vulnerable. You don't have enough people to stand alone. We hardly manufacture anything, and hardly export anything apart from a few chocolate bars, and a couple of bottles of nutmed.

Basically we need to go to Gittens and get some very large pots of Vaseline, cos we are going to be shafted in the arse very badly.

Board footer