You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#11 Jun 07, 2020 7:40 pm

Expat
Active

Re: SINCE THE KILLING, THEY ARE SEEING HUNDREDS OF CASES OF BRUTALITY

Pretty much, as apart from you it seems they all seem to be cut from the same cloth.

Sure this one don't like this, and that one don't like that, but generally speaking the choice in catering seems pretty limited.

Yes pockets may be empty, but mostly folk like bones to chew, and crabs to suck. And to prefer chicken wing over leg, thigh or breast is nuts.... IMO. Which to be fair is all I can spout on about.

#12 Jun 08, 2020 7:01 am

Slice
Active

For you to say, for anyone to prefer wings over legs is just not right.  Folks do have choices.  Ok I will agree that to prefer Back and neck over legs is nutty, but wings over legs, is kinda ah personal preference.  I do prefer wings over legs and also over breast.

Last edited by Slice (Jun 08, 2020 7:40 am)

#13 Jun 08, 2020 8:58 am

Expat
Active

Slice wrote:

For you to say, for anyone to prefer wings over legs is just not right.  Folks do have choices.  Ok I will agree that to prefer Back and neck over legs is nutty, but wings over legs, is kinda ah personal preference.  I do prefer wings over legs and also over breast.

That is my point... You prefer the scraps because you have been conditioned to it. Along most most of your countrymen.

As a child you watched Granny and Mummy sucking the meat off the bone, grinding them up to get out the marrow, and you followed suite. Exactly the same as fat kids which usually come from fat families,  watch their family pile into heaped plates, and they simply follow.  Not genetics, just communal greed.

I am just imagining a neanderthal hunter grabbing a chicken, waving it over a fire for 2 minutes, and then grunting.... Ewww let me chew on the wings, and let the wife and kids suffer by eating the breast and legs. Nah he woulda gorged himself on the meat, and left the scraps for the dependents.  Just the same as Massa did.

Last edited by Expat (Jun 08, 2020 9:02 am)

#14 Jun 08, 2020 5:23 pm

Slice
Active

No it is not how ah grew up, I made that choice years after residing in America. Yes at first ah say, I am in the land of the rich, leh me eat some breast, but ah quickly learn the breast is too dry and tasteless.  If that is the case, how come ah doh like fish head and boney fish?

If I took anything from anyone is me pupa.  He also hated anything with bone, but ah din know that until real later.  He like  breast and legs.  The best part of the chicken is the wings.

Leh  me admit most Grenadians can really cook, but keep in mind me ent no slouch.  I think I can cook.  I swear me mother is probably the hardest person to please when it comes to cooking and also one of me sisters.  I made Sweet Potato pudding for both ah dem and they keep asking me when ah making the next one.

Doh forget ah also won three Oil Down cooking competition. Ah beat folks from New  York who is suppose to be very good.

The last one WHman was ah  blind judge, he is me PADNAH, but ah still won.

Ah giving Grenadians tons of credit for they cooking, but ah right dey with dem.

Last edited by Slice (Jun 10, 2020 8:27 am)

#15 Jun 09, 2020 4:18 pm

Expat
Active

LoL, when you all learn to cook it properly it aint dry and tasteless.  smile

Board footer