You are not logged in.

Announcement

Welcome to the one and only Spiceislander Talkshop.

#11 Jun 10, 2020 11:27 am

Slice
Active

Re: A really crap morning.

Ah tink what ah meant was update the damn thing, Again anyone can pass inspection.  I agree it is totally inaccurate, and outdated.  Ah doh mean get rid of it totally, modernize it.  The police should not be the one doing it.  Bring down ah machine or two from AMERICA, and have the vehicles go on the thread mill, for reading.

I thought ah had about another 10.000 miles before ah change tires, the ARSEhole fail me.  Even the place that  sell tires could not believe they failed me.  Well that is wha me cousin say.  He said for sure it would pass in St Davids, but the park failed it.  I really doh care if ah car have bad tires and no headlights, what ah care about is what they doing to the air.  Them cars and dem in Grenada too damn polluted.

One day ah drive from the bridge in Morne Delice to the old government house with ah ole ARSE truck, that smoking like crazy.  along that route, you can not pass nothing.  Ah was so vex ah din know what to do.

#12 Jun 10, 2020 6:15 pm

Expat
Active

Close the windows, put the air con on internal only and let him do he ting.

When I first came down I did think about setting up a testing station, backed by the Government,or at least with their approval, and recognition, but firstly it wouldn't fly simply because anyone doing a proper inspection would probably fail 50% of Vehicles, and that would create a storm of protest, and maybe have got me chopped into little pieces.

I know you love your America, but the Motherland has testing kit too, Sod off great rolling roads with individual break testing, Air pollution, headlight alignment etc etc.

There had to be a reason for the fail, if it wasn't good enough protest. There are wear indicators on the tyres, so long as they are there, and you have no sidewall damage or bulges, then they can't fail you.

I always mean to take my City and Guild Certs along so when they start with their bullshite, I can askl them what qualifications they have for motor vehicles.

One time one dipstick tried to tell me I didn't have an exhaust on my Harley...With street legal pipes on with the decibel rating stamped on the side. I think he thought it was one of those pretend 125cc bikes.... Sigh.

#13 Jun 11, 2020 11:14 am

Slice
Active

Testing what testing they have.  When my vehicle arrived at the port,  The police say, blow you horn, turn on you lights.  Step on the brakes.  Inspection done.  They did not ask me to lift me hood.

Same damn thing in St Davids, although the St Davids was ah little bit more.

For Grenadians life sake, they should be ah proper inspection.  Ah doh care if it is only for good air quality.  Some ah dem ole cars go pass anyway, if they do like America does, if you vehicle is ole, you exempt.

#14 Jun 13, 2020 2:56 pm

houston
Active

This is what happens in Canada when your sticker is expired and you decide not to co-operate with the police who are doing their job.

https://nationalpost.com/news/national/ … rst-nation

Board footer